Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 12-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #21
Ex-Parrot
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

With the show ending in less than a year I have to say, I fail to see the point, as it just seems to me to be a little bit too late to jump on board now. When a show ends (most) fans tend to move on and eventually get obsessed about something else, so I just don't see the sales in this as far as high end products go. Even as a fan of the show from day one, it doesn't seem a very high end statue friendly license to me to begin with, let alone now that it's moving towards it's end.

Still, what do I know? I suppose time will tell whether you manage to prove us naysayers wrong, or not. But regardless, I wish you all the best with it all the same. It will certainly be interesting to see what you manage to come up with.
Ex-Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #22
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
We might...but if I do its not for the same categories Sideshow is doing
I see. So museum pose stuff you won't be doing?
Old 12-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #23
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
They have already agreed to carry everything we do SOA. (Its my fav show)

My bet is a Jax Statue will sell ~1500

Collectors tend to only see things through their own eyes.

Bravest Warriors was a good example. The collective moans on this forum when we announced it were deafening, yet our pre-orders for them are beyond my wildest imagination. They will literally account for 30% of our entire revenue next year.

Glad you are into it !
My fav show as well. I think this line should do fine and I'll support it through its entirety just like I have MK.

Thing that will be crucial here is timing. The 7th season is all that's left for SOA next year. These statues have to come out "during" or just after the last episode to bank on they hype. If they get put out 2015 or further it could hurt editon sizes and profit margins. I want this line to succeed just as much as you and think it needs to be given it's best chance for success.

Would be awesome if you got the breaking bad license also. Not as many characters as SOA to choose from, but still has a cult following that I think would sell well.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #24
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Quote:
I hope so !

Theres a misconception on the forum that my intention is to 'take on' Sideshow. Thats not the plan. Its impossible to take on Sideshow. They have the important categories for Star Wars, DC and Marvel locked up.

My plan is to continue what i started with SOTA. An all around toy and collectibles company. We will make high end collectibles as well as low priced novelty toys and everything in between.
Well if you plan on growing the company that much you really should hire a good Director of Operations to make sure things run smoothly. Or at least a good accounting/finance person that can intergrade your shipping with your A/R and keep track of all your preorder and do costing. I use to work for Applause and one of the mistakes they made was taking on too much product lines and not being able to keep track of all the cost. You have to know what lines are profitable and which ones aren't.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #25
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

No interest whatsoever!
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #26
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I like the show but don't want statues of them.
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #27
Spazzy
Hercules

Been wanting to watch the show but so back logged on my tv shows on DVD will be a few months before I even consider buying the seasons.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #28
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
Let's be real here, how many people will buy statues based on this show compared to Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat? Not a lot.
Maybe not alot of existing pcs customers already, but it will bring alot of new collectors into the market.Lets be honest, i think soa could be more popular than sf, blasphemy? Maybe, but everyone i know watches that show, compared to only those who game know mk and sf.
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #29
FROBAY
Phoenix

Great show but Not sure I would buy any Statues. Have to see what they do.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #30
Nerdy Black Guy
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

SOA is one of my favorites, so it will be interesting to see what type of collectibles we get. But my #1 favorite has to be Breaking Bad and I would love to see collectibles from that show to.
Nerdy Black Guy is offline   Reply With Quote