Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-09-2019, 10:28 PM   #201
CWalker
The Avengers

Spec Fiction has a payment plan for those overwhelmed with the price. $500 deposit then you can pay it off over a year+.
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:29 PM   #202
CWalker
The Avengers

I'd be shocked if this isn't a VERY sought after piece 5 years from now.
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:10 PM   #203
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

I agree with what some others have said, comparing just Thanosi, I think ToT takes it, but the XM piece as a whole is Spectacular. I hope to add it to my ToT... Maybe after Christmas...
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:16 AM   #204
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Strange decision to take away two portraits on Thanos and to take away the skeleton / skull switch outs for Lady Death if opting not to buy them together.
What a waste.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 02:10 AM   #205
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLMEsquire44 View Post
I agree with what some others have said, comparing just Thanosi, I think ToT takes it, but the XM piece as a whole is Spectacular. I hope to add it to my ToT... Maybe after Christmas...
I think that both the MAQ and this piece look great. I just wish that Thanos' costume was more comic based. This XM costume has such a movie vibe to it. Mistress Death looks absolutely amazing though. I've got the 1st XM Thanos which I really love because it has that comic look I really love. However, the paint apps on it could've been a lot better. I also have the EX MAQ. That's all I really need for a modern looking Thanos. I probably would've ordered Mistress Death separately if she came with both portraits. Since that's not happening, looks like this will be a pass for me across the board.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 02:12 AM   #206
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
Strange decision to take away two portraits on Thanos and to take away the skeleton / skull switch outs for Lady Death if opting not to buy them together.
What a waste.
This is business . They want people to buy the set not solo pieces . Moving forward I think they won’t offer this option anymore anyways . Way more hassle as a company .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 02:14 AM   #207
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
What a waste.
Agreed! Such a questionable move by XM. I'm passing on Mistress Death simply because both portraits aren't included if you purchase her separately.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:21 AM   #208
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
This is business . They want people to buy the set not solo pieces . Moving forward I think they won’t offer this option anymore anyways . Way more hassle as a company .
People who want the set will buy it. People that don't, won't. I'm not buying the set, but XM would've still got my money for Mistress Death if they included both portraits. I can't see many collectors who will buy the set just so they can get an extra portrait for Death (if they're not interested in Thanos). IMO, that's just lost revenue.
Old 12-10-2019, 03:08 AM   #209
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Out of curiosity why should they include all the exclusive switch outs for people that don’t buy the set? Does sideshow give us extra head when we don’t buy their exclusives? No way if I owned that company I’d offer all the extras. I’m almost positive moving forward they will never do this again being able to buy separate pieces . It’s all or nothing . They don’t lose revenue it’s MTO no more than 999.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:10 AM   #210
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Man, that Mistress Death...from the sculpt to the paint. Beautiful. Unfortunately, not a big enough fan of the character to buy her alone and don't have enough space to buy both. ...maybe if I unload some stuff.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote