Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Anime/Manga

Old 12-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Goku & Gohan Diorama Statue

Hey guys i feel like I've been on an eternal quest to find a DBZ statue that actually looks good to me, i always feel a lot of statues really don't get the face right or they don't get the musculature right.

I've seen a few pieces on eBay but this one really stood out for me, i was worried about the quality of the paint job as with most pieces made in Hong Kong they usually show you a pic of a pro painted piece and then send you some crap.

Boy was i surprised when this turned up. It stands about 13 inches tall, 14 inches in depth and 12 inches wide, so its a great size for a diorama piece.

It came in the following pieces: Base, 6x dust parts, Gohans legs, torso, arm and hair, Gokus body and 2 arms and the effect part for the front.

All the pieces were bagged and packed in custom polystyrene which fit each individual piece, just like from Sideshow or Bowen.

Everything about it is just great quality with a real weight to it all, the paints are fantastic and better than most stuff from real companies imo.

Really really so happy with it and i'm hoping to get a few more from him!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:33 AM   #2
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

You got more replies on the other site; I'm kind of surprised...I only go there for Bowen.

I'm not a fan of the end of the Cell saga, but these statues are indeed killer. I have DJFungShing Armored Vegeta and Battle Wounded Trunks, and VKH SS Goku vs Freeza. All three are as good or better than any other statues I have. Definitely recommend both producers...and avoiding everyone else!
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I know right lol. Just like the other site where people don't move from the Bowen section, i guess a lot people generally don't move away from the SS and General section.

They are such great pieces it really still amazes me no one has picked DBZ up as a license to produce statues officially.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
Luminous
Cyclops

This is indeed a very nice statue. However, I am still hunting for a DBZ statue that I feel belongs in my collection.

Nice pics btw.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:00 AM   #5
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I know right lol. Just like the other site where people don't move from the Bowen section, i guess a lot people generally don't move away from the SS and General section.

They are such great pieces it really still amazes me no one has picked DBZ up as a license to produce statues officially.
Rumor has it PrototypeZ could possible acquire the license at some point, but those are kits.

I'm pretty picky, and at this point, I have most that I want anyway. I think the three I have are spot on, but I would like a Vegito, and I don't think DJFungShing's is that good. He should be taller and thinner.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:20 AM   #6
Liad
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Resurrecting this thread a bit. I've been looking around at VKH pieces, and they are STUNNING. They are the most amazing dragonball pieces I've ever seen, and most of them are crazy dioramas.

Is there a way to get in contact with VKH, or possibly just check out the pieces they have created. I can find bits & pieces, and they're all fantastic.

Edit: I've actually been in contact with the guy, and even purchased one of the statues. For anyone interested, here are the pictures of the current products he has for sale & his contact info if you wish to buy:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=338EB...FDCE43A7%21865

mail:
kenneth1001@hotmail.com
Liad is offline   Reply With Quote