Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-17-2018, 02:19 PM   #121
ukshaun
Hercules

I like the pose. The piece lacks one thing, the celebrity factor, a factor that made the Pfeiffer Cat Woman have that extra something. I own the Pfeiffer Cat Woman and have on pre_order Catwoman TDKR 1/3 by Prime 1. Do i need a 3rd Cat Woman?
..Elektra, yes, a 3rd Cat Woman, i don't think so

Cat Woman Premium Format(TM) Figure 1/4 Sideshow Collectibles

Cat Woman TDKR 1/3 Prime 1
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:23 PM   #122
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
At $600, Sideshow should be listening to the consumers, so no, you aren't asking too much. I disagree with you on the whip option which is fine but I just think when ppl judge something rightfully or extremely, then they should offer an alternative. It gives merit to the critique/complaint in lieu of just complaining to complain. But alas complaining or problem solving is moot because the company could care less.

Yes, you're right, Sideshow could care less.

But, I wasn't complaining to complain. I specifically started my comment with a suggestion of a switch out arm. Just because I did not specifically state "with a coiled whip" doesn't make it any less of a suggestion.

At this point, I'm done explaining myself to you. You're obviously looking to pick a fight. Again, have a nice day.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:32 PM   #123
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I feel like the people who complain about sideshow's artistic decisions are only a very small percentage of collectors. For every forum member that wants changes made, there are likely hundreds that see no issues at all.

We kind of live in a bubble here on the forum and as it is with most things, the people who dislike something seem to be the most outspoken on it. If sideshow started making tweaks with every little aspect of a statue that people have issues with they'd never get anything done. They would be opening a huge can of worms if they started taking advice from the forum or Facebook groups. As we all know, you can never please everyone. I think sideshow is best off just continuing with what they're doing. Seems to be working for them.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:33 PM   #124
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Northern, Youve mistaken me but ok.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:55 PM   #125
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I feel like the people who complain about sideshow's artistic decisions are only a very small percentage of collectors. For every forum member that wants changes made, there are likely hundreds that see no issues at all.

We kind of live in a bubble here on the forum and as it is with most things, the people who dislike something seem to be the most outspoken on it. If sideshow started making tweaks with every little aspect of a statue that people have issues with they'd never get anything done. They would be opening a huge can of worms if they started taking advice from the forum or Facebook groups. As we all know, you can never please everyone. I think sideshow is best off just continuing with what they're doing. Seems to be working for them.
Sorry, but it seems a lot of collectors disagree with some Sideshow's choices of portraits.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:08 PM   #126
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Sorry, but it seems a lot of collectors disagree with some Sideshow's choices of portraits.
"Seems" is right. We're in a bubble as I just said.

I have quite a few friends who collect sideshow statues and aren't members of this forum and don't contribute to fb groups. I don't think I've ever heard any of them say a bad thing about sideshow. One of them has the largest collection I've ever seen and in all of their eyes, everything sideshow does is gold. What I'm trying to say is there are a ton of collectors out there who are more than content with everything sideshow is doing and simply aren't as critical as a lot of us are.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:15 PM   #127
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

And what is wrong with just letting people like what they like and dislike what they dislike?

People expressing their thoughts doesn't stop at statues. People do the same thing on all social media platforms, including other forums dedicated to movies, sports, video games, literature, comic books, etc.

I'm a member of a forum dedicated to Final Fantasy XIV. Do you think everyone on that forum just high fives each other all day about how amazing Square Enix is? No, they share their loves and dislikes of the game in the exact same manner as people do here with statues.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:18 PM   #128
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
"Seems" is right. We're in a bubble as I just said.

I have quite a few friends who collect sideshow statues and aren't members of this forum and don't contribute to fb groups. I don't think I've ever heard any of them say a bad thing about sideshow. One of them has the largest collection I've ever seen and in all of their eyes, everything sideshow does is gold. What I'm trying to say is there are a ton of collectors out there who are more than content with everything sideshow is doing and simply aren't as critical as a lot of us are.
I feel that way as a newbie on here. I am way easier on pieces than what I read here, but that's fine. People can have their views and I can enjoy what I collect.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:27 PM   #129
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
And what is wrong with just letting people like what they like and dislike what they dislike?

People expressing their thoughts doesn't stop at statues. People do the same thing on all social media platforms, including other forums dedicated to movies, sports, video games, literature, comic books, etc.

I'm a member of a forum dedicated to Final Fantasy XIV. Do you think everyone on that forum just high fives each other all day about how amazing Square Enix is? No, they share their loves and dislikes of the game in the exact same manner as people do here with statues.

I'm assuming that's directed at me and I don't have an issue with the forum. I think it's great we're all passionate about this hobby. You might have misunderstood what my comments are regarding. I was directing it at the comments about sideshow not listening to its customers. People always make that comment here as if we are the only customers they have. Its unrealistic to expect sideshow to change certain aspects of a statue because a few people on a this forum don't like it. That's all I'm getting at. I just disagree with the people who say "sideshow is terrible because they don't make the changes I want".
Old 05-17-2018, 03:31 PM   #130
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
I'm assuming that's directed at me and I don't have an issue with the forum. I think it's great we're all passionate about this hobby. You might have misunderstood what my comments are regarding. I was directing it at the comments about sideshow not listening to its customers. People always make that comment here as if we are the only customers they have. Its unrealistic to expect sideshow to change certain aspects of a statue because a few people on a this forum don't like it. That's all I'm getting at. I just disagree with the people who say "sideshow is terrible because they don't make the changes I want".
Ah ok. Then, yes I thought you were directing that at me.

But, I have never expected Sideshow to listen to anything I say. Doesn't stop me from being passionate about what I like and what I don't.