Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 01-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #461
thx217
Ultimates

I'm sure you'll get one sooner or later, Nidgit.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #462
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
I'm sure you'll get one sooner or later, Nidgit.
Thanks mate . . . one day . . . even if I have to join the Colonial Marines to get it
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #463
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Sad to say I didn't have the same experience. I applied for a permit and having submitted all the info on the Pulse Rifle, I was advised by the Firearms Registry (NSW Police) that it would have to be stored as follows:

- my collection room (which is basically a spare bedroom) would need to have a re-informed steel door fitted with a dead lock or approved padlock system
- any windows in the room would need to be fitted with steel bars or security mesh
- the PR itself would need to kept in a locked gun safe which would need to be fixed (welded) to the floor.

All of this would need to be inspected by the NSW police in order to get the permit, and then ultimately get the PR thru customs.

Apparently obtaining a permit and importing a PR in other states (namely Victoria and South Australia) is a lot easier, but here in NSW it was a complete nightmare.

Despite the fact that I provided all of the info about the PR as a collectable, the NSW police deemed it to be in the highest risk category (military style). I might as well have tried to import an actual AK-47 for all the drama.

Needless to say, I gave up, but I'm glad to hear some Aussie collectors did manage to get some in.
I went through a similar ordeal when I wanted to import the MR Han Solo blaster back in the day. I also gave up, and haven't tried again since, despite there being a few replica pieces over the years that I would have loved to have.

I also know of a case where someone had a MR blaster destroyed by customs because they were unble to meet the requirements to get a permit in the time they were given to do so by customs, and customs for some reason also refused to return to sender, so they destroyed it instead (or said they had anyway, some customs guy probably scored it for free...). Collectors nightmare.

Some states are just worse than others when it comes to this stuff I guess.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:02 AM   #464
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
I went through a similar ordeal when I wanted to import the MR Han Solo blaster back in the day. I also gave up, and haven't tried again since, despite there being a few replica pieces over the years that I would have loved to have.

I also know of a case where someone had a MR blaster destroyed by customs because they were unble to meet the requirements to get a permit in the time they were given to do so by customs, and customs for some reason also refused to return to sender, so they destroyed it instead (or said they had anyway, some customs guy probably scored it for free...). Collectors nightmare.

Some states are just worse than others when it comes to this stuff I guess.
The really frustrating thing is the lack of consistency. I got the Robocop Auto 9 and the Hellboy Samaritan in without any probs at all. The Samaritan was inspected and passed without any issue ???? What's even more frustrating, is that I can buy two or three replica (toy) handguns at the local $2.00 shop and with the orange barrel tip blackened, it would look a lot more like a 'real' gun than the PR.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #465
johnclone
The Enchantress

FYI

funny ALIENS themed shirt

today only!

http://riptapparel.com/
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote