Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-29-2018, 10:43 PM   #541
pdenham
Teen Titans

I wonder if this is the same factory he initially had Martian Manhunter at?
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 11:53 PM   #542
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Yeah it’s too bad my favorite character ended up with the worst paint.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 12:17 AM   #543
built2shred
Phoenix

I emailed Debbie asking for a full statue replacement given the poor paint application but I would settle for a new cape and new std. portrait.

It's just one of those things where they went with a bad factory and obviously little QC oversight.... Because I've owned all the Tweeterhead Classic Batman Statues, all the 66' Batman statues, WW, Catwoman 92, and all the superpower statues that have come out so far and none of those have had a bad paint application like this..

So I'm not going to hold one bad statue against them... although this could be a sign that Chad might be making to many statues to fast.. ((shrug))

Quote:
Originally Posted by statue-man View Post
May be the Superman should be recalled and destroyed having so many issues. Then start over. That's just my opinion
From a business perspective they'll still ship them out and hope some collectors won't notice or be as picky about it or maybe have an old prescription on their glasses and will accept it as is...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 12:20 AM   #544
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statue-man View Post
May be the Superman should be recalled and destroyed having so many issues. Then start over. That's just my opinion
Yeah, no. Won’t happen. And some people might be happy with theirs.
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 03:22 AM   #545
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebron View Post
Yeah, no. Won’t happen. And some people might be happy with theirs.
Yeah, they won't destroy them, that would be inefficient. They'll ship them all out, and make a second batch that's enough to cover any replacements needed for the first batch. And a limited-run second batch for replacements is cheaper than a complete and full rerun of the whole thing, so that's the way to go.

Plus, let's be honest, everything on this particular form gets blown massively out of proportion. It may just be a handful of people that have issues, the thing is not even widely released yet.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 12:25 PM   #546
Tweeterhead
Tweeterhead
Producer

Hey Guys,

So far I think most of the SM have shipped and I've only gotten a few "bad paint job" emails. It's mainly just the red on the chest and belt...which leads me to think it's not too many. These things are all painted in stages and batches, so the entire run isn't painted at the same time. I know a few huge SM fans have theirs and are happy with them!!

PLEASE let us know if you have an issue with yours. We are 100% dedicated to taking care of you guys.

I always talk about lessons learned and this is a perfect example. I committed to making sure this doesn't happen on any future pieces.

Hope you all have a great New Year!
Tweeterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 12:28 PM   #547
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeterhead View Post
Hey Guys,

So far I think most of the SM have shipped and I've only gotten a few "bad paint job" emails. It's mainly just the red on the chest and belt...which leads me to think it's not too many. These things are all painted in stages and batches, so the entire run isn't painted at the same time. I know a few huge SM fans have theirs and are happy with them!!

PLEASE let us know if you have an issue with yours. We are 100% dedicated to taking care of you guys.

I always talk about lessons learned and this is a perfect example. I committed to making sure this doesn't happen on any future pieces.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 12:55 PM   #548
Tweeterhead
Tweeterhead
Producer

Hey,

Not the same! The factory that did SM is the same one that did the Joker and Harley. They are known for doing really gorgeous work. My contacts there are not happy with the pics I'm sending them.

As for MM, his head/neck is removable at the collar of the cape, so the seam is completely covered up!!

Not making the same mistake again!
Tweeterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 01:10 PM   #549
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Thank you for the open communication and staying on top of this.

Quote:
Hey,

Not the same! The factory that did SM is the same one that did the Joker and Harley. They are known for doing really gorgeous work. My contacts there are not happy with the pics I'm sending them.

As for MM, his head/neck is removable at the collar of the cape, so the seam is completely covered up!!

Not making the same mistake again!

#notworried
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:42 PM   #550
MTL
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Great to know that we will be taking care of

Happy new year to you ! 2019 will be a great year for Tweeterhead and collectors
MTL is offline   Reply With Quote