Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 05-26-2014, 10:01 PM   #11
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjeans1978 View Post
I think the saddest part -- aside from the needless deaths and multiple injuries he caused -- is that some people on social media are glorifying him as a hero and using him as a way to shame women into going out with them. That just baffles the hell out of me. Why would you celebrate a homicidal lunatic as an icon of male power? Why would even remotely think his actions should convince women to hook up with you? That would be like if some crazy women were to point to Lorena Bobbitt as a symbol of empowerment and use that as dating leverage. It wouldn't make sense in that context, and it doesn't make sense to use Rodger in that way, either.

Then again, there are people in this world who'll support any evil or questionable cause, so....

Society just seems to harbor a certain portion of moral decay and idiocy at all times and they come out of the woodwork at times like this though most are just fools talking, maybe even looking for attention themselves. I was amazed there were women that wanted to marry the "night stalker".
Of course, it doesn't help the media makes sure we know all about these nuts to glamorize it all.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:05 PM   #12
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Damn lunatics blame society for their own failures.
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:43 PM   #13
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmic View Post
This all could have been prevented if only ONE attractive woman took one for the team and gave him a pity screw!
This reminded me of one of the comments where someone suggested something similar. These collected comments were shared on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/meladoodle/statu...114369/photo/1

meladoodle: "this is rape culture pic.twitter.com/LqRSk5BHGX "

Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:12 PM   #14
MrYac
Hercules

sad world aint it Spider
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:34 PM   #15
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
What a loser. Pffft

To hell with that kid, man. Could've done so much good with what he had. Just because he couldn't get any..

That's what MTV does to mess up kids and what their ideals are. With videos showing hot chicks all the time, who doesn't want one?

Obviously he was living in his own pathetic fantasy island but some of the blame has to fall on his parents for failing to teach him adequate morals.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:42 PM   #16
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
What a loser. Pffft

To hell with that kid, man. Could've done so much good with what he had. Just because he couldn't get any..

That's what MTV does to mess up kids and what their ideals are. With videos showing hot chicks all the time, who doesn't want one?
MTV hasn't shown a video in 20 years, they're innocent on this one.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:30 PM   #17
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

The whole thing is horrible, but it's even more dis-heartening to read those twitter comments above.

There is so much vile idiocy on twitter these days. The guy wasn't the way he was because he was pushed away by women. He was pushed away by women because he was the way he was.

It all makes me sick.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:49 PM   #18
Sithlord32
New Republic

Its an ongoing cycle. Worse has been done and has yet to be outdone to some degrees. I studied serial killers and mass murders for a project in school. All I can say is its going to still get worse before it gets better.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:20 AM   #19
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

The funny thing is people will butcher each other regularly in places like Chicago, terrible body counts, and we've learned to ignore it or rather the media certainly does. These murders are tailor made for the media to ( and I will use this word...) celebrate. There is a giddy joy in how they report it.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:43 AM   #20
greenjeans1978
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
The whole thing is horrible, but it's even more dis-heartening to read those twitter comments above.

There is so much vile idiocy on twitter these days. The guy wasn't the way he was because he was pushed away by women. He was pushed away by women because he was the way he was.

It all makes me sick.
Facebook isn't much better. There apparently was a page celebrating Rodger as an American hero, but I don't know if it's still up or not. Regardless, that's monumentally stupid. The man was a homicidal maniac who wanted everyone to pay for him not having the world handled to him on a silver platter. How is knifing and shooting innocent people to death "heroic"?

Again, I don't feel right labeling Rodger as a misogynist. His insanity encompassed much more than that. The goons holding him up as a hero and trying to use him to shame women into putting out for them? That's misogyny. And it's also a hideous lack of perspective that demeans Rodger's victims, dead and wounded. I hope to God those guys are just a noisy minority, because if a substantial number of men actually agree with this crap...
greenjeans1978 is offline   Reply With Quote