Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-07-2015, 02:54 PM   #391
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfashiondisco View Post
I dont know about you, but I should never have to buy a statue this expensive with repaint/customise in my mind, dont you agree?
Regarding SS, yes, I completely agree with you. I have had my share of problems with them, like everyone else, but not on a statue this expensive.
I simply don't agree on these particular issues though...

The wire issue is simply a non-issue. As they can be bent any direction you want.. being that they are actual wire and not a sculpted on, solid piece.

So we can all drop it with the issue of the wires, right?

That leaves the issue of the metal color on the rocket launcher housing. How big of a part is that really? In the grand scheme of things regarding this replica over all?

Tiny..

It's not like the entire ED-209 is the wrong color. Plus as Paul has stated, the color of that part varies from the different models Phil Tippet had used.

...Plus, unless I'm mistaken.. You haven't received one yet, correct?

This one set of photos we have seen, does NOT mean every single one will have the same tiny issues.
Yours might show up with the wires running the correct way and the silver paint in place.

I just think this is nitpicking, and based on one set of in hand pics no less.
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 02:59 PM   #392
dogfashiondisco
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

No, i didnt received mine, and probably wont.

Ok, lets just agree to disagree
dogfashiondisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:12 PM   #393
BLADES OF STEAL
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Bent wires and a dab of paint are non issues for me. I just want to see some in hand pics or video review before I order.
BLADES OF STEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:20 PM   #394
Darth Milo
Hydra

What if I bend the cable and it snaps, is Chronicle going to repair it for free and also pay for the return shipping? Just want to make sure they give me full guarantee if that happens..

I can touch up the rocket arm with silver paint but need to know what paint I should use.. hope the Youtube video explains everything I should know.

I hope my Cain comes perfect without the need of a Youtube instruction
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:23 PM   #395
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLADES OF STEAL View Post
Bent wires and a dab of paint are non issues for me. I just want to see some in hand pics or video review before I order.
If you go to page 33 of this thread, you'll see some in hand pics of ED-209.
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:39 PM   #396
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfashiondisco View Post
No, i didnt received mine, and probably wont.
Wow, really? You'd drop this one over such small issues? Hmm.. Well, that's a shame. ..but OK.

You're loss will probably be another collectors gain when these are sold out.

I want to get one, hopefully after I pay off Anubis or Cain..

but nothing I have seen or heard makes me want this piece any less. In fact I want one more than before after seeing the pics from Wonderfest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milo View Post
What if I bend the cable and it snaps, is Chronicle going to repair it for free and also pay for the return shipping? Just want to make sure they give me full guarantee if that happens..

I can touch up the rocket arm with silver paint but need to know what paint I should use.. hope the Youtube video explains everything I should know.

I hope my Cain comes perfect without the need of a Youtube instruction
I could be wrong.. but I can't imagine there is any danger of snapping off a bundle of wires. lol Unless you are forcefully bending them back and forth, over and over.

I mean, looking a the pic you posted.. it's not that big of a thing is it? You just gently curve the wires downward under the yellow sign. I don't get how this is even an issue.. lol

CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:53 PM   #397
Darth Milo
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMe_Snake View Post
I could be wrong.. but I can't imagine there is any danger of snapping off a bundle of wires. lol Unless you are forcefully bending them back and forth, over and over.

I mean, looking a the pic you posted.. it's not that big of a thing is it? You just gently curve the wires downward under the yellow sign. I don't get how this is even an issue.. lol

Are you done laughing?
I think that's a pretty normal question considering how expensive this model is.
Everything can happen, I just want to make sure.. what's wrong (or funny) about that?

B.t.w. you're saying it yourself.. what if you are wrong?
Old 06-07-2015, 04:17 PM   #398
Python
Omega Red

If it helps anybody who isn't too confident painting. Don't faff around with alclad or anything like that, it yields great results but it can be tricky to use and smells terrible. AK interactive have recently released a new range of wax based metallics. They come in a paste form and can be applied very easily with a brush or even a finger tip. Once it is on and dry it can be buffed should you want it to be shinier. Might be worth looking into as it's cheap also...

http://ak-interactive.com/v2/?product_cat=true-metal

I understand completely why some people aren't so happy having to do anything on an expensive collectible. But Compared to the huge issues I've had with my last three items (big chap LSB/Warrior LSB and P1 bio) I'd be extremely happy in the grand scheme of things with a few wires that haven't been bent and a little bit of masking and silver paint required. If anything in a constructive manner though, I would like to see the pose tightened up on future production pieces. As we've seen recently with the T-800 Endo, a tiny adjustment can yield big results. I really like how it was at Wonderfest, these are complicated pieces for sure, but it would be a shame if the factories didn't nail it.

I know it wont happen, but I'd love this in kit form.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:25 PM   #399
Darth Milo
Hydra

Thanks for your help Python, I appreciate it.
Anyhow, I think I'm going to wait for the instruction video before I further comment on the issues..
Old 06-07-2015, 04:26 PM   #400
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milo View Post
Thanks for your help Python, I appreciate it.
Anyhow, I think I'm going to wait for the instruction video before I further comment on the issues..
You're very welcome And that's a good idea, there is no rush anyway and it will give you time to play around before attempting it on the real thing.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote