Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 11-16-2017, 01:53 PM   #2151
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

What will most likely happen is we'll roll back to three territories and post a list of what we are going to make for 2018 and do a one year sell off.

We'll still finish seven or eight items we have in production and let them deal with other companies that don't pay their royalties.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:15 PM   #2152
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Choopie, go invest hundreds of thousands of dollars on a license and then have someone come in and try to take your license.

We've found out that if they are indeed going to make products they will be for South American sales only. So we will probably need to buy that territory as well to stop the incursion.

Our other option is to enforce third party sales, meaning they can't import any of this product to the US. This means someone like SS can't buy wholesale and sell it into the USA. We've already done this with a few Japanese companies and it stopped them in their tracks.

And since we are in negotiations now with Universal, before I write a check with five zeroes on it, your darn right I will fight for my exclusivity.

This is what happened when we bought the exclusive rights for Kong, Godzilla 2 and Jong vs Godzilla. Warner licensed P1 and while we are making a Kong piece, we restructured the deal since there was no exclusivity that was promised. We'll make a few pieces and out.

If Universal won't move forward we'll step away, we've had a good two year run.

Paul
Don't really see how Iron Studios is "taking your license". If they are licensed for SA, then great for those folks and not so great for everyone else outside the region that would have to pay top dollar to import (assuming they even want the product).

You have multiple companies with licenses for the same Video Game characters (Street Fighter, Mega Man, DMC, etc), 1/4 Marvel pieces and of course the holy grail: Star Wars. Those companies are still making pieces.

Choice is actually a good thing.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:01 PM   #2153
john.van
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
We've found out that if they are indeed going to make products they will be for South American sales only. So we will probably need to buy that territory as well to stop the incursion.

Our other option is to enforce third party sales, meaning they can't import any of this product to the US. This means someone like SS can't buy wholesale and sell it into the USA. We've already done this with a few Japanese companies and it stopped them in their tracks.

Paul
Too late it won't work,there's a guy in the freaks forum that imports their statues,sells them at the forums I'm talking hundreds and you can also buy at the brazilian stores they will ship internationally no problem."Licensed for South America only" it is just on paper.
john.van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:31 PM   #2154
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

If we find out that product has been imported to the states, we just have to go by a case by case basis and there are heavy fines for illegal imports. We would be enforcing our rights to the full extent of the law and contract. Also once we file with US customs they would be confiscated as they entered the states.

It may all be a moot point, with Prop 65 passing in California and new Universal regulations coming in 2018 it's going to change the landscape of factories that can actually handle Universal work.

I've talked about the morally correct products and why they cost more in China.

We will be at Universal on the 1st of December and I'll know one way or the other if we will be continuing with Universal and JP.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:38 PM   #2155
JPBF
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Well this took a depressing turn. I was really looking forward to some of the future JP products Chronicle was hinting at
JPBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:05 PM   #2156
bradjk1
Fantastic Four

Universal needs to be made to understand that Chronicle is a brand that JP fans have come to associate with the franchise and that this co-branding is highly beneficial to them. Collectors like to build lines of product, and so whoring out the license for a short-term return isn’t the best strategy for them. Although I wonder how far sighted any of these studios are if execs are just trying to make money quickly and then move on to the next job.
bradjk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:18 PM   #2157
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjk1 View Post
Universal needs to be made to understand that Chronicle is a brand that JP fans have come to associate with the franchise and that this co-branding is highly beneficial to them. Collectors like to build lines of product, and so whoring out the license for a short-term return isn’t the best strategy for them. Although I wonder how far sighted any of these studios are if execs are just trying to make money quickly and then move on to the next job.
Licensing to multiple companies (or whoring it out) seems to work for Disney and last I checked a lot of us own Star Wars collectibles by Hasbro, Sideshow, Iron Studios, XM Studios and Hot Toys.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:55 PM   #2158
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjk1 View Post
Universal needs to be made to understand...
Funny stuff. You do know a billion dollar company can do and will do whatever they wanted, right? Now comcast(universal's parent company) is in talk to buy 21st century fox. Who knows what gonna happen(licensing deals) next as they might be under the same roof.

At the end of the day, as a JP fan and collector, I'll support whoever makes the best products when it comes to authenticity and accuracy. As far as I can see, what CC's doing will keep them ahead of the game as long as the highest possible production quality is maintained.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:43 PM   #2159
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Jesus... I thought it was called "competition" for a reason.

I think a lot of us have been in this game a while to realize that no one really has "100% exclusivity".

Chronicle brings their "A" game. Iron Studios does the same.

What's the problem?
I don't get it either. I find it very pretentious to believe that as a licensee, Chronicle would feel that Universal is in any way obligated to inform any of its licensees who they're sharing a license with. There's no such thing as exclusivity, and if Chronicle thought they were going to hold a monopoly on high end Jurassic Park collectibles for long they were naively mistaken. I've watched this debacle from afar and have stayed silent, but I can't anymore.

It's unbelievable that a company can be so goddamned petty, but if it would have to be any company it'd definitely be Chronicle. What a bunch of sour apples. You'd think they could show a little professionalism when it comes to a fellow company, but professionalism and Chronicle just seem incapable of mixing. I say good riddance. The prices for Chronicle's work, while usually beyond expectations, were exuberant for some statues painted in a Chinese sweatshop. And the attitude of their employees are beyond insufferable, they're downright unprofessional. If Chronicle can't play nice, then it's better they'd rather not play at all. It's sad, because in the beginning I wanted Chronicle to succeed. I wanted Universal to see that there's a viable market for high end Jurassic Park collectibles. Sadly, Chronicle had to turn out to be a sour apple.

Now they"re threatening to steal people's items. This is beyond low, and I will show no support for it. This is blatant thievery, and Chronicle has shown their true colors. They're pigs who got too big for their britches. They think they can order Universal around? Excuse me? Yeah, I think I see the reason Universal reached out to Iron Studios.
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:36 PM   #2160
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Good luck on your rights, Paul. I'd truly hate to see you leave this franchise because of your commitment, but I get it. Hopefully universal will make the right decision.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote