Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-26-2021, 12:11 PM   #1011
Blade3327
Nightwing

More from the collector who got the misaligned black spots. Setting aside that issue, the brown spots are shaped quite poorly. Too messy and jagged. I don't know how they could nail them on the Fugitive and then completely farm it on the most iconic Predator.

The shelf display photos aren't great quality, highly compressed unfortunately.

Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 12:53 PM   #1012
Halcyon
Loki

Yes, the brown spots are crucial for a nice pred skin.
Those thick eyebrow hairs are ruining some of these portraits also. Should be more subtle.

When P2 wall art was shown, I though this was made simultaneously in one of the better factories. But have to wait and see, there is very little weathering on the armor too (up to now).

Thought about it, but Prime often has all the parts loose for ppl to assemble (including shoulder pads and such). Instead of sideshow which is one base/body and some switchouts.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 01:13 PM   #1013
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I wonder about these images that pop up from overseas collectors...sometimes you’ll see a bunch of stuff in the background that hasn’t been released yet or is months away from being in our hands. Are these early samples from P1 employees? One thing that was odd is how non of the light up functions are shown...wait for in hand statues before freaking out. P1 Lobo was a great example of that, early in hand images that did not represent how the final product looked and people getting nervous about reviews.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 01:15 PM   #1014
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
I wonder about these images that pop up from overseas collectors...sometimes you’ll see a bunch of stuff in the background that hasn’t been released yet or is months away from being in our hands. Are these early samples from P1 employees? One thing that was odd is how non of the light up functions are shown...wait for in hand statues before freaking out. P1 Lobo was a great example of that, early in hand images that did not represent how the final product looked and people getting nervous about reviews.
Some of them have some sort of connection to the factories or companies, they get a lot of chinese statues well early too, I've even seen a company use their photos to promote them upon release before.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 01:49 PM   #1015
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Maybe this particular Chinese guys statue is one of the staff out the warehouse, who got it for a discount, due to quality control issues? I doubt it, but it's not impossible to assume.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 01:52 PM   #1016
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Correct! I don’t expect to have jungle Predator in my hands until sometime next year. I really hope P1 isn’t releasing early images of samples to self promote as they would be doing themselves a disservice. And of course P1 wouldn’t come in here to offer us any insight as they hate this place.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 03:34 PM   #1017
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

This fcker is fully paid for & I haven't received not one notice from P1. I think these pics are from months ago or statues that didn't make the cut. I say this because look at Lobo. Outstanding piece IMO. Nothing like what was shown months ago when he showed early in hand pics.
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 04:05 PM   #1018
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
I really hope P1 isn’t releasing early images of samples to self promote as they would be doing themselves a disservice.
Maybe they can't control every little thing that goes on at the factory? If you're a factory worker and the ship isn't run super tight, what's stopping you from taking home a piece that was scheduled for disposal?

I'm just spitballing; I don't know how these things work or if this is even what's going on. But you'd think Prime 1 would at least say something on their official channels. They usually get back to people who Facebook message them, perhaps someone could ask them to confirm the release.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 05:22 PM   #1019
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
It's a minor point, but one I guess I should be expected to pick up on given my forum name But that is definitely no Python. As somebody who has quite a love for snakes (Australian Pythons particularly) I'm not even sure what that is. I actually hope that the snake is removable as it's irked me a bit from the very beginning. It seems to be a very poor attempt at an Bush Viper if anything given the roughness of its scales. Shame they didn't get it right as they're unbelievably beautiful in reality.
I'm glad you commented on this because I was tempted to last night. That looks absolutely nothing like a python, and pythons are not even native to America.

It's definitely a viper in the genus Bothriechis. They all resemble it quite a bit.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:40 PM   #1020
Zoldner
Fantastic Four

Really not liking what they are doing here. Why did they move the head. Whats he looking at? The mother ship? His head was perfect position on the Proto. Predators don't look up at you. They look down on your human azz. Why Prime 1 are you wrecking my Order? Thank goodness I only have a deposit in.
Zoldner is offline   Reply With Quote