Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 12-26-2009, 02:19 AM   #1
Doctor Pym
The X-Men

Question for diehard Green Lantern merch collectors

Fellow GL buffs... I've got damaged paint on my Gil Kane-style Hal J. Green Lantern FS statue by Paquet (the one issued in 1998 (I think), that displays with Alan Scott and with Raynor.)

So I decided finally to give this one a makeover: not just new paint, but new forearms and fists, complete with a nicely detailed ring.

Here's the question: If I were to find a good deal on a GL bust (e.g., no box, damaged, etc.), to use for parts, which one should I look for? That is, are any of the following close in scale to the 1998 FS statue?

• Hal with ring prop

• Hal on a rock (from that Justice League line that included Batman, Hawkman, the Flash, etc.)

• Heroes of the DC Universe Hal (the one where he's bursting out of a lantern)

I figured that someone on the Forum must have a couple or all three of these, along with the 1998 statue, so he could compare them for scale.

(By the way, it's the day AFTER Christmas on Guam... I do have a life...)

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Doctor Pym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:26 AM   #2
h-7
Blue Falcon
Adamantium Plus Member

This is kinda hard, most are slightly different.

I can tell you the Hal coming out of the lantern is a smaller scale then the FS Hal Jordan your talking about.

The Hal Jordan on the rock base is slightly smaller

The ring prop Hal looks a little bigger then the 1998 FS Hal Jordan.

The best matches from what I can tell would be the Hal Jordan FS with the locker room bench. Or a Hal Jordan bust thats a garage kit.

The Hal Jordan bust to the far right of the picture.

Im not sure if the pictures will help you see the scale difference but here is a link to my collection thread. All of the busts you ask about are pictured on page 2.

http://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=95707
h-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:22 AM   #3
Doctor Pym
The X-Men

Thanks! I thought maybe I'd be lucky enough to find that one of the two-fisted busts is pretty close to the same scale... doesn't sound like it, though...

And the garage kit bust has an open left hand, so that would change the look of the statue.

Looks like you've got a great collection... and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that the WB Store's Green Lantern vinyl figure was a keeper. I liked that one enough that I bought an extra.

Thanks again for the advice...
Doctor Pym is offline   Reply With Quote