Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 12-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #401
ETW_Curator
Mephisto

1) i know that photos and flashes tend to wash away the real colors of a piece, so i want to know, what is the real skin tone of this statue? is it really yellowish like in most of the photos here, or is it a bit on the tan, more reddish or pinkish hue? i prefer the latter, i hope that's her real tone.

It's almost identical to the "Wonder Woman vs. Serpents" statue. A nice warm flesh tone and not too "yellow" like on the Lynda Carter Statue. It's definitely more of tan/red/pink hue than yellow.

2) being in 1/4 scale, can she really size up to ss pf's?

I don't collect SS, so I can't help here!

3)lastly, the corset just bothers me on some angles, is it already tight fitting on the sides or can it still be adjusted to follow the curve (if there is any) of her waist? it just gives her this straight silhouette up front.

The corset is very tight fitting and looks best at a slight angle. From the front it does look like her waist is a little thicker than it should be due to the thickness of the material, but from the sides you can see the proportions are just fine. There isn't much room for adjustment as I believe it's glued in place.

You can see my studio photos from all angles here:

>> http://experiencethewonder.com/statu...ity_Statue.php

Here's a preview:

Also, here is the piece in my studio next to the "Serpents" statue:

If interested, you can see the rest of my studio shots here: http://experiencethewonder.freeforum...20-09-t11.html

Hope this helps!

ETW_Curator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #402
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

She is well to scale with the SS PF's. There are some pictures in this thread of her posed with the Cap PF.

I have this one and the Batman one and they are to par with the SS PF's, especially the earlier pieces.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:09 PM   #403
mikkipog
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

thanks for the quick reply! i've been thru your review of the statue on your site for quite a number of times now, thinking that if that is really how the actual piece looks like, including that photo of your studio display, then i'd definitely be getting it without even batting an eyelash. but since it's only your piece that looks that good, maybe, i was thinking. you just have this talent of taking beautiful pictures of your pieces. but i'm still liking it nonetheless. thanks again!

also, i saw these pics of the customized wondy statue, i just like to know your view about the piece....

first, this was what the customizer wanted to follow in working on his piece...

but instead, he came up with this...
mikkipog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #404
mikkipog

with adjustable/removable sword and cape...

i'm really liking his work on the statue, except maybe the part where the neckline goes even further down the chestplate, but as for the skintone, and the corset, and the cape, his work raised this piece levels higher, just my opinion...
Old 12-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #405
ETW_Curator
Mephisto

Thanks for the compliments - glad you had checked out my exhibit already!

I don't use a flash in my photo shoots, instead I have 6 different lights in varying tonal ranges (daylight to incandescent) that I have found create the most accurate representation of the piece in a controlled environment for photography. That could be why they always look different than "candid" snapshots.

I really like the face on the second custom you shared, It does not look like they changed the flesh tone at all. The bodice treatment is definitely a miss for me for several reasons. But other than that, that customizer did a fine job overall - especially on the face!

Old 12-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #406
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

I have one of these I bought for my daughter's room but it was way too big to display. Looks awesome own but way to big for my daughter's room, when I get around to listing it on ebay after chrsitmas.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #407
mikkipog

yup, i agree with you there. he did change the skin tone on wondy because as the sword that he had removed left a square peg hole on her thigh, he filled it up and tried to match the tone of the skin, but ended up repainting all of wondy's exposed skin, which i think is better. also, he tried to give the bodice this grecian armor look where the muscles are molded on the plate, but i also do think he overdid it. i'm liking the face though. thanks again!
Old 12-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #408
ETW_Curator
Mephisto

Wow - he did a great job matching the skin tone then - fooled me for sure! I just thought the sword was glued in place on the leg - interesting it's got a peg!

I think I'm going to re-photograph this piece for my site soon. I've changed/upgraded my photography studio configuration recently which suits capturing larger pieces like this much better and accurately in terms of lighting, etc.

Old 12-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #409
mikkipog

really?! oh yes, please do, and let us know when the pictures are out already. now i'm excited how the new photos of this piece would turn out. my only concern for now are the actual colors which, as i said, tend to get washed out. but i seems you've had a solution to that all along and i'm looking forward to seeing these results from you again.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:39 AM   #410
NWO SCUM
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I was at an LCS and this Wonder Woman looks incredible in person. I will definitely be picking this up after the New Year.
NWO SCUM is offline   Reply With Quote