Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 04-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #2321
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirl Wind Boy View Post
I just watched the movie last night, and while i didn't totally "get" the ending i still loved the movie. I just don't know which one of these two i prefer.
Me either. I've been back and forth. There are things about both I love, but there are also things about both that are a bit off IMO. I still maintain that the perfect Drive print lies somewhere in a mixture of these two.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #2322
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Me either. I've been back and forth. There are things about both I love, but there are also things about both that are a bit off IMO. I still maintain that the perfect Drive print lies somewhere in a mixture of these two.
Me too, I prefer the city scape mostly, but i prefer Irene in the other. But him with the mask on centered kinda kind of ruins it for me.
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #2323
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Me too, I prefer the city scape mostly, but i prefer Irene in the other. But him with the mask on centered kinda kind of ruins it for me.
Yeah, agreed on Irene and the mask portrait of him is just to prominent IMO. I also like the "Drive" title better on the portrait piece as well as the inclusion of the scorpion.

As for the "Cityscape" print... I'm not really a fan of how the sky looks and the grid on the upper portion makes it look a bit cluttered. Strangely the Metal variant of the Cityscape doesn't suffer from this problem as the metal creates some nice separation and depth in that print. Really wish that piece wasn't so rare and expensive because I'd love to own it.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:05 AM   #2324
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Carlos hooked a brother up.
Winning the Stout lottery and landing you that poster was the best part of my day bro - my sincere pleasure. Work politics and powerplays had me down but it made me feel good to hook a brother up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic509 View Post
I got the two Drive Variants from Stout's lottery. Does anyone wanna trade for a regular Django? let me know
I hope you didn't hose yourself Sonic....

"Hi,
Thanks for entering, you can purchase 1 poster of your choice

This link will be good for 5 hours, after which it will expire.

Please read the rules carefully. You may only purchase one poster total, all orders with more than one poster purchased will be refunded. You may not purchase one of each poster, or two of each.

If the poster you desire is sold out, we apologize, we only have a limited amount of each poster available.

This invite is for you personally, please do not give it to anyone else, all other orders from people that did not receive an email from us will be refunded, and those that order without an invite will be banned from future purchases, apologies.

Your paypal shipping address must match up with the address you submitted in the lottery, or you'll be refunded. If we determine you entered the lottery more than once you'll be refunded.

Thanks for understanding, we just want to make sure everyone gets the same chance to purchase, and to keep it as fair as possible."
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:59 AM   #2325
sonic509
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic509 View Post
Thank you for your help, me and my co-worker both got one. He gave me his. I only need one, so I'm trying to trade the other one for a Django.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Winning the Stout lottery and landing you that poster was the best part of my day bro - my sincere pleasure. Work politics and powerplays had me down but it made me feel good to hook a brother up.

I hope you didn't hose yourself Sonic....

"Hi,
Thanks for entering, you can purchase 1 poster of your choice

This link will be good for 5 hours, after which it will expire.

Please read the rules carefully. You may only purchase one poster total, all orders with more than one poster purchased will be refunded. You may not purchase one of each poster, or two of each.

If the poster you desire is sold out, we apologize, we only have a limited amount of each poster available.

This invite is for you personally, please do not give it to anyone else, all other orders from people that did not receive an email from us will be refunded, and those that order without an invite will be banned from future purchases, apologies.

Your paypal shipping address must match up with the address you submitted in the lottery, or you'll be refunded. If we determine you entered the lottery more than once you'll be refunded.

Thanks for understanding, we just want to make sure everyone gets the same chance to purchase, and to keep it as fair as possible."
sonic509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:51 AM   #2326
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
But him with the mask on centered kinda kind of ruins it for me.
This is what I like from the portrait print. Wish it was at least on the cityscape. That was my favorite aspect of the film. Well, that and the elevator smash scene. And the soundtrack.

Thank goodness this movies on instant queue on Netflix. Booya..
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #2327
FROBAY
Phoenix

I was googling around for some horror movie posters and ran across this write up on the top 20 horror movies. I have to agree with a lot of this guys picks, pretty funny.

http://starseeker.com/2012-movies/th...=zergnet_36990
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #2328
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

So is it best to buy a print quickly after release? I mean do prices typically get higher or lower as time goes on?

I'm thinking of watchmen and either one of the drivers for reference.
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #2329
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
So is it best to buy a print quickly after release? I mean do prices typically get higher or lower as time goes on?

I'm thinking of watchmen and either one of the drivers for reference.
I usually wait a while and get a feel for which way the market is going on a particular print. I think mostly, they come down a bit after initial release on Ebay. You can research it yourself at EB. They have the graphs that show first, last and average sale prices.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:14 AM   #2330
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

whirl, I'm still waiting to pull the trigger on a stout drive. once they hit about $100 ill be game.

right when prints drop is the worst time to buy imo. once the frenzy dies down, and sellers realize they won't get the flipper premiums they want, their prices will drop when they want to recover their misplaced funds.

there was a perillo better off dead print i wanted that dropped awhile back and I've only seen 1 for sale. the guy wanted almost $300 for it. crazy talk. i offered what i thought was a fair amount, but, the guy wouldn't budge. something like that, i think there were only 50, may be the antithesis to my point above. there are always exceptions.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote