Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 01-02-2016, 05:26 AM   #11
Silas Loki
Jubilee

This is exactly why this hobby / industry will eventually implode. Companies baiting customers, demanding pre-orders, all with no control (or care) for when (or in which quality) the product will be delivered.

I can see clearly the strategy behind this line, in terms of character release, and while I understand it, I feel it is only effective if they have a concrete and controlled plan to actually complete the line.

I know I'm ranting a bit, and with very little facts to justify my (pre)rant , but we see this so often from companies......and they (general public / interested parties) wonder why "collectors are fickle" in their support of companies, or appear to lack loyalty to a line.

I started out wanting to collect the whole line, but after seeing Mordin as the latest offering, I decided to hold back (I wasn't that bothered by Tali that much either, but preordered as I'm a completist ), just because I knew the characters I really want (Jack, Miranda & Ashley) are a loonngg way off.....if ever, and I was scared to get lumbered with a bunch of statues I didn't really care about, just so I could "show support" and help guarantee the line would continue.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 07:18 AM   #12
brentflynn
Blue Falcon

I hope the line continues. I really want a Rex and Legion.
A Shepard would be nice as well, even though Garrus and Liara display well with the SS Shepard (with the helmet on).
brentflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 07:33 AM   #13
dao2
Cyclops

well that is different I guess ><
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:17 AM   #14
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
They postponed because the factory was a bit overloaded.. not because they are doubting their line. That is my thoughts over this subject. I think the statues are high enough in demand.
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:03 AM   #15
Joberyn
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
This is exactly why this hobby / industry will eventually implode. Companies baiting customers, demanding pre-orders, all with no control (or care) for when (or in which quality) the product will be delivered.

I can see clearly the strategy behind this line, in terms of character release, and while I understand it, I feel it is only effective if they have a concrete and controlled plan to actually complete the line.

I know I'm ranting a bit, and with very little facts to justify my (pre)rant , but we see this so often from companies......and they (general public / interested parties) wonder why "collectors are fickle" in their support of companies, or appear to lack loyalty to a line.

I started out wanting to collect the whole line, but after seeing Mordin as the latest offering, I decided to hold back (I wasn't that bothered by Tali that much either, but preordered as I'm a completist ), just because I knew the characters I really want (Jack, Miranda & Ashley) are a loonngg way off.....if ever, and I was scared to get lumbered with a bunch of statues I didn't really care about, just so I could "show support" and help guarantee the line would continue.
I tend to agree with this. Granted I am new to collecting, and this is my first series. I've been told that delays are common in this business, but I cancelled the Tali pre order after hearing of the hold it was put on. Seeing Mordin as the next statue doesn't really spark my interest either. I'd have preferred they finish out the ME1 team at least - Ashley, Kaidan and Wrex - before moving onto ME2/3 that way if the line does for some reason get cancelled, we can have the original team. I mentioned before, it isn't very comforting to see them trying to gain more licenses when they don't seem capable of handling their existing lineup within schedule. At this rate, we'll be well into ME6 before we finish the original trilogy team.
Joberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:40 AM   #16
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joberyn View Post
I tend to agree with this. Granted I am new to collecting, and this is my first series. I've been told that delays are common in this business, but I cancelled the Tali pre order after hearing of the hold it was put on. Seeing Mordin as the next statue doesn't really spark my interest either. I'd have preferred they finish out the ME1 team at least - Ashley, Kaidan and Wrex - before moving onto ME2/3 that way if the line does for some reason get cancelled, we can have the original team. I mentioned before, it isn't very comforting to see them trying to gain more licenses when they don't seem capable of handling their existing lineup within schedule. At this rate, we'll be well into ME6 before we finish the original trilogy team.
That's a good point. There does appear to be a mad rush for companies (GH included) to grab licences for various Intellectual Properties, just to do very little / nothing with them. If you look at the GH website, and check out the "Licences" tab, some sub tabs have as little as one product available....with no news / show of intent to progress further products under those IPs.

I'm not sure if this is just a corporate strategy for manufacturers to limit / prevent other makers from getting those licences? Or whether it's just plain simple business mismanagement?!?

Either way, if Tali is delayed, God only knows when Mordin will be released.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:56 AM   #17
shadow.broker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
Man, if I don't get a Miranda statue at this point it will be very disappointing. I would like a ME3 version of Jack and Ashley too. I've been waiting for soooooo long. Got the slots all ready for them but yet their spaces stands silent and empty.
Exactly, I was hoping they would make a Miranda statue. It could be based on this artwork:

shadow.broker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:15 PM   #18
Gannon
Sailor Moon

I dont know what you guys are worried about - emailed them and they said that the ME line is definitely going to have new products.
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:47 PM   #19
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
I dont know what you guys are worried about - emailed them and they said that the ME line is definitely going to have new products.
On, well, that's OK then, panic over
Old 01-05-2016, 03:28 AM   #20
Joberyn
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
That's a good point. There does appear to be a mad rush for companies (GH included) to grab licences for various Intellectual Properties, just to do very little / nothing with them. If you look at the GH website, and check out the "Licences" tab, some sub tabs have as little as one product available....with no news / show of intent to progress further products under those IPs.

I'm not sure if this is just a corporate strategy for manufacturers to limit / prevent other makers from getting those licences? Or whether it's just plain simple business mismanagement?!?

Either way, if Tali is delayed, God only knows when Mordin will be released.
Garrus and Liara were delayed for a couple of months. May be another situation like that. In somewhat related news, I'm waiting for them to announce the next in the DAI lineup. Starting off with that particular Morrigan wasn't very strong, so I hope they aren't discouraged by a potential lack of pre orders on that. It'd be sold out by now had it been her iconic outfit.
Joberyn is offline   Reply With Quote