Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-20-2018, 06:50 AM   #241
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

I have a hard time believing this female T-rex bust is coming from a top tier Toynami factory.
All those high quality Toynami products from ECC & CC are telling me otherwise.
Even the male T-rex bust was well done with practically no noticable seams,nicely worked in.
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if some of the JW/JP pieces are produced in lesser quality factories,just like the TG 1/4 endo was.
Can you imagine how the upcoming ECC Mohawk Gremlin (with all these patterns & dots) would look like if they've produced & painted it with the same level of 'artistry' as the female T-rex bust?

From now on my approach with CC's pieces will be one of 'waiting and see' until the production piece hits collector's hand.I just can't trust them anymore to be placing pre-orders blindly.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:04 AM   #242
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
I have a hard time believing this female T-rex bust is coming from a top tier Toynami factory.
All those high quality Toynami products from ECC & CC are telling me otherwise.
Even the male T-rex bust was well done with practically no noticable seams,nicely worked in.
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if some of the JW/JP pieces are produced in lesser quality factories,just like the TG 1/4 endo was.
Can you imagine how the upcoming ECC Mohawk Gremlin (with all these patterns & dots) would look like if they've produced & painted it with the same level of 'artistry' as the female T-rex bust?

From now on my approach with CC's pieces will be one of 'waiting and see' until the production piece hits collector's hand.I just can't trust them anymore to be placing pre-orders blindly.
paul said yesterday that the dots issue should be no longer an issue since they have a new factory for their dinos. you can see it on the pachy cause the pachy looked exactly like the proto. hopefully, that's true.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:37 AM   #243
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Thanks for sharing tamaboy,I didn't know that.
I'm hoping it is true cause with players such as Prime 1 out there they'd better up their game and improve quite a bit on their production pieces...at least if they don't want to go 'extinct' and reduce themselves solely as a distributor for JP/JW pieces of other companies.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:37 PM   #244
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
Thanks for sharing tamaboy,I didn't know that.
I'm hoping it is true cause with players such as Prime 1 out there they'd better up their game and improve quite a bit on their production pieces...at least if they don't want to go 'extinct' and reduce themselves solely as a distributor for JP/JW pieces of other companies.
This is what i was saying. The one he's holding is the PS. Looks identical to proto imo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180831-000558_Instagram.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	571.1 KB
ID:	118171  
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 04:02 PM   #245
John Hammond
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hello, I have placed the Rex male bust on the table stand, but when it comes to putting the Rex female bust on the table stand does not fit with the screws, is there a table stand for male and another for female or advise me to make new holes in my table stand?
Could someone solve my doubts? Thank you.
John Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 04:56 PM   #246
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hammond View Post
Hello, I have placed the Rex male bust on the table stand, but when it comes to putting the Rex female bust on the table stand does not fit with the screws, is there a table stand for male and another for female or advise me to make new holes in my table stand?
Please email Heather at hross@chroniclecollectibles.com about that and she can help you.

- Robert
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 08:35 PM   #247
Unknown Hero
Justice League

Quote:
The mounting screw hole distance is different. Sent the back of the table mount to Chronicle at their expense and they replaced it with a new one. Or you can screw new holes yourself. Considering how much they charge for these I just had them take care of it. Super quick turn around.
Unknown Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:53 AM   #248
ianhiatt
Doh!

Quote:
I had the same problem...ended up drilling the holes myself. Very irritating, but it is what it is. I think the difference is about half an inch on each side, but I'd measure it out to be safe.
ianhiatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 07:59 AM   #249
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

[QUOTE=Phil the sixth;5670383]I ordered it from my LCS.This is going straight back from where it came and I don't want another specimen.This is a 1000 EURO bust here in the EU and completely not worth it.Now that I've seen the low quality in hand,paintjob and all,I'm done with CC.First the massively plagued breakout rex,now this.I gave it another try thinking CC would have learned from their misstakes,but no...oh well.
Doesn't bode well for future products me thinks.

QUOTE]

This is the major problem with CC, ordering stuff from them is too much of a gamble. It surprises me that after TWO failed Rex paint jobs (breakout rex and bust) they announce the ridiculously expensive Rotunda Rex and still expect people to spend their cash! I definitely think it's time they stop with the JP stuff and hand over the reins to IS and P1. They are just further damaging their own reputation by constantly making false promises of improvements and failing to deliver.
I would advice everyone to wait for P1's Rotunda Rex, which I believe is being announced in the next couple of months.
Ninner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:54 AM   #250
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

There's no need for CC to drop the license, just customers to learn a lesson and wait for production piece photos. When more players are in the game, the competition is stronger, you get more products to choose and it should keep the prices in relatively reasonable range
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote