Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 06-19-2018, 12:02 PM   #11
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyQuinn View Post
I am definitely gonna buy the Nightwing and Batgirl statue regardless, but can somebody please explain to me how it can be displayed upside down without very riskily sticking it to the ceiling or shelf? Or is that the intention? Cause I already see it ending badly for me :|

You can see the metal screw slot in the back to hang it on a wall. Should be pretty secure as long as you have the wall screw in securely. Hanging it upside down from a ceiling I would not even attempt. Maybe with a lot of command strips. LOL
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 02:10 PM   #12
Gothamite
Phoenix

I might hang it on an L-shaped wood block and put it on a shelf instead of hanging it on a wall. The statue looks too nice to risk a 6-foot drop to the floor.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 02:43 PM   #13
HarleyQuinn
The Spirit

Oh now I see it! Ill admit I'm not very handy This is really innovative though, are there any other statues out there that have this kind of feature?
HarleyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:58 PM   #14
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Oh now I see it! Ill admit I'm not very handy This is really innovative though, are there any other statues out there that have this kind of feature?
While it wasn't "designed" as such, I've always thought that the Bombshells Harley Quinn Deluxe statue could be hung from the ceiling to make it look like she's attacking you.

Spoiler

Old 06-19-2018, 07:37 PM   #15
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
PCS made a wall mounted Batman statue. The line ended since Batman didn’t sell well. Hawkman and Superman were planned next. Chronicle has made Jurassic Park wall mounted dinosaur head busts.
BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:02 PM   #16
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Hmmm... I wonder if the old Code 3 3-D "posters" / plaques of the likes of Frankenstein, Animal House and Jaws count??
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:57 PM   #17
Rexdriver
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
PCS made a wall mounted Batman statue. The line ended since Batman didn’t sell well. Hawkman and Superman were planned next. Chronicle has made Jurassic Park wall mounted dinosaur head busts.
Pity it was only wall mounted. The Statue is otherwise great!
Rexdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:16 AM   #18
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Kotobukiya's ArtFX+ crouching Spider-Man has magnets strong enough to stick to a fridge door or the walls or ceiling of a metal shelf. Same goes for Venom, though Venom has to be positioned a little more carefully.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:56 AM   #19
Gothamite
Phoenix

They made some interesting color palette choices for the Batgirl & Nightwing statue. Batgirl is in her New 52 armor with purple-lined cape. DC switched to yellow lining fairly early in the New 52 era. Nightwing's stripes are blue rather than the red that was used during the New 52 era.

Old 06-21-2018, 02:14 PM   #20
HarleyQuinn
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
They made some interesting color palette choices for the Batgirl & Nightwing statue. Batgirl is in her New 52 armor with purple-lined cape. DC switched to yellow lining fairly early in the New 52 era. Nightwing's stripes are blue rather than the red that was used during the New 52 era.

I could already see fans not taking too kindly to them using the New 52 red, I'm sure it wasn't as well received a look as Batgirls. I'm happy her yellow and purple adds some color to the piece though.
HarleyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote