Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-27-2020, 02:05 PM   #621
srttoz
Mephisto

We realize he's a comic book mutant right? He's not a real person.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 02:19 PM   #622
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

He's real!!!!!!! I saw him at costco the other day, he was buying steak and toilet paper, evil mutants prefer charmin buy the way....

Also in person they don't look like Banana's, so its not accurate !

Last edited by moyiori; 01-27-2020 at 02:24 PM. Reason: ha
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 02:41 PM   #623
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

This thread has turned into hot garbage. Freaking bananas.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 03:28 PM   #624
built2shred
Phoenix

The problem with SS Sabertooth is they're perfectly shaped like bananas and his skin is yellow so it just emphasizes it more then in other statues...

That said, I do think a lot of these sculptors have been going overboard with muscle definition, most of the time IMO it looks like their legs or arms are deformed from all the muscle bulging that's going on, sculptors really need to tone it down some...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 03:58 PM   #625
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarksis View Post
@dao2-I am just as astonished that you think they are that dissimilar, and the picture speaks for itself. This is only a thing because of the yellow color and the window lickers grabbed hold of it.
they aren't the same shape or outline color aside :| It is the same muscle and in general is a bulge, but other then that it is is far more irregular, more rounded and less oblong, and certainly less banana shaped ;p
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 04:08 PM   #626
FeistyMidget
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The muscles are banana shaped on actual humans. If you don't like how they've over emphasized the muscles on this statue that's fine, you've got other options. It's not my cup of tea either, but it's also not inaccurate. You see type of sculpting on other statues and no one bats an eye.
FeistyMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 04:30 PM   #627
Tarksis
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
they aren't the same shape or outline color aside :| It is the same muscle and in general is a bulge, but other then that it is is far more irregular, more rounded and less oblong, and certainly less banana shaped ;p
Yes, they are generally the same shape lol, you're grasping at bananas. The main difference is that Sabertooth's are more uniform in size, like the Green Lantern pic. And yes, it is only that they are yellow that this became a talking point.
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 05:29 PM   #628
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarksis View Post
Yes, they are generally the same shape lol, you're grasping at bananas. The main difference is that Sabertooth's are more uniform in size, like the Green Lantern pic. And yes, it is only that they are yellow that this became a talking point.
Green laterns may be more regular in shape however they do not have the same sort of bulge or curve to it like the sabertooth one does. And no the main difference is the sabertooth one has a very similar shape of a banana. The yellow helps of course but you could just crop that part out and color them both the same color and I still wouldn't think the green latern one looks like some bananas but saber's does (a lot).

And no it's not cause their only yellow. I am literally the first person who said this, I know what I was thinking when I made the joke, you don't. If you like banana sabertooth power to you, I don't care it's a small detail. I don't really care about either one as I don't like comics (and I like x-men even less in particular). I think the xm one looks better but probably isn't worth the price difference unless you have reasonable shipping to you but you can have your opinion. Stop telling me how to have mine.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 06:05 PM   #629
Tarksis
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Green laterns may be more regular in shape however they do not have the same sort of bulge or curve to it like the sabertooth one does. And no the main difference is the sabertooth one has a very similar shape of a banana. The yellow helps of course but you could just crop that part out and color them both the same color and I still wouldn't think the green latern one looks like some bananas but saber's does (a lot).

And no it's not cause their only yellow. I am literally the first person who said this, I know what I was thinking when I made the joke, you don't. If you like banana sabertooth power to you, I don't care it's a small detail. I don't really care about either one as I don't like comics (and I like x-men even less in particular). I think the xm one looks better but probably isn't worth the price difference unless you have reasonable shipping to you but you can have your opinion. Stop telling me how to have mine.
I love banana Sabertooth, thank you for the well wishes!
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:32 PM   #630
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I'd go further and ask to see something he's sculpted or created

The only thing off with this sculpt is the utterly childish, silly, misinformed, painfully laughable comments regarding the sublime sculpted anatomy of this statue. And this, coming from the limp banana brigade, who obviously, barely know their arse from their elbow. What a fcking joke.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote