Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 07-23-2018, 05:55 PM   #2171
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliusMarx View Post
The seated one is Danni Mint - Code Name: Brexit.
Well, it figures.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:50 PM   #2172
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I think the seated one in the blue dress smoking her cigarette is amazingly awesome. Love everything about her.

On the flip side, I don't like the other one at all (the fur coat lady). Her concept doesn't make much sense to me, and she's quite dull.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:25 AM   #2173
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I think the seated one in the blue dress smoking her cigarette is amazingly awesome. Love everything about her.

On the flip side, I don't like the other one at all (the fur coat lady). Her concept doesn't make much sense to me, and she's quite dull.
The one in the fur shows that whomever designed her has a keen eye for fashion and those shoes are sublime. Kudos on that. Other than that neither are of interest to me.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:32 AM   #2174
ukshaun
Hercules

I think i'm correct in thinking Will Harbottle designed the original Honey Trap characters. Maybe other people were involved also?

I wonder if the two new characters were based on unseen Will Harbottle sketches? or are the work of current Gentle Giant artists?
If that is the case, i wonder what Will's views are on the two new characters?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:39 AM   #2175
Demona
Martian Manhunter

The Russian has some emotion in her eyes, while Brexit looks dead. Just wide open blank eyes. While yes, it's a statue, the piece shouldn't look like a mannequin in a department store window on Madison Avenue.

I like both ladies designs a lot.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:16 PM   #2176
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
The Russian has some emotion in her eyes, while Brexit looks dead. Just wide open blank eyes. While yes, it's a statue, the piece shouldn't look like a mannequin in a department store window on Madison Avenue.
This echoes my feelings as well.

Not sure why most seem to dislike the Russian girl. She looks like she could possibly be an undercover assassin, maybe attending some sort of prestigious function in a cold weather location. At some point she grabs her coat and sniper rifle she’s stashed and slips out to eliminate her mark. To me she’s got that sultry & intriguing Bond girl feel much the same way Whisper did.

When I look at Brexit there are some nice details in her hair & outfit but her blank stare looks lifeless. The surrounding details look amazing but I don’t look at her and wonder what her story is because it all feels a bit too staged.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:21 PM   #2177
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
This echoes my feelings as well.

Not sure why most seem to dislike the Russian girl. She looks like she could possibly be an undercover assassin, maybe attending some sort of prestigious function in a cold weather location. At some point she grabs her coat and sniper rifle she’s stashed and slips out to eliminate her mark. To me she’s got that sultry & intriguing Bond girl feel much the same way Whisper did.

When I look at Brexit there are some nice details in her hair & outfit but her blank stare looks lifeless. The surrounding details look amazing but I don’t look at her and wonder what her story is because it all feels a bit too staged.
Man! You should write novels for a living, Hellboy. I like your description of these sexy ladies.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:36 PM   #2178
ukshaun
Hercules

The original line-up featured pieces that featured little in the way of mixed media.
Sure there were some plastics involved (Derby's shield for example).

Other than the Tutu, Fireball appears to be mostly sculpted.

Ebony girl sitting on a wooden crate surrounded by explosive, works really well, and oozes attitude

The Russian comes across as the least fitting. The dress appears to be fabric, and the coat made from some sort of man-made fur, and there appears to be a real chain. It feels less and less sculpted statue, and borderline doll. I don't quite get the Rocket-launcher on the base? maybe she should be carrying it. The Russian Honey Trap could use more work.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:45 AM   #2179
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
The original line-up featured pieces that featured little in the way of mixed media.
Sure there were some plastics involved (Derby's shield for example).

Other than the Tutu, Fireball appears to be mostly sculpted.

Ebony girl sitting on a wooden crate surrounded by explosive, works really well, and oozes attitude

The Russian comes across as the least fitting. The dress appears to be fabric, and the coat made from some sort of man-made fur, and there appears to be a real chain. It feels less and less sculpted statue, and borderline doll. I don't quite get the Rocket-launcher on the base? maybe she should be carrying it. The Russian Honey Trap could use more work.
The dress is sculpted.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:19 PM   #2180
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
The dress is sculpted.
That helps