Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 09-02-2018, 12:56 PM   #1431
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeArtFan View Post
You asked for comparing pictures of details bewtween 1/6 and 1/4 and as I wrote the difference is as neglectible as Ryu 1/6 vs 1/4.

If you own both then you know the difference between size 1/6 and 1/4 is quite some. I did'n point out loss or put out the difference.
You can compare it with Hd and 4K but as every painting is unique I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to ever point a difference out which matters.

If you have them and know the answer already,
then you can place the compared pictures as you wish.
Ok now I Got ya
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:33 PM   #1432
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

A little bit of shameless self promotion here with an impressions video of the 1/6 Akuma and Shin Akuma.
....if you are an Akuma/shin fan....get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4kdUblZq_Y
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:50 PM   #1433
Crash421
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
A little bit of shameless self promotion here with an impressions video of the 1/6 Akuma and Shin Akuma.
....if you are an Akuma/shin fan....get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4kdUblZq_Y
Great vid man. Very thorough!
Crash421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:20 AM   #1434
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Totally satisfied. This will be two times at least the price in the after market. When people realize that this line gonna go through it will be to late. Package was good, sculpture and paint amazing.
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:31 AM   #1435
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Nah, the market is oversaturated for anything to double in value, especially for a character like Akuma, who has been done many times already.

This Akuma is also too much of an artist interpretation which will hurt its resale value, compared to more game-accurate options (PCS SFIV+V MM Akuma). Reminds me of the Prime1 TF statues desgined by Josh Nizzi. Technically excellent, but currently selling for -$200+ below MSRP, probably because they're derivative designs not based on any media, even though they're a nod to G1.

Just get this if you like it and intend to keep it, or you're going to be disappointed in resale value.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:21 PM   #1436
Grifterr
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Nah, the market is oversaturated for anything to double in value, especially for a character like Akuma, who has been done many times already.

This Akuma is also too much of an artist interpretation which will hurt its resale value, compared to more game-accurate options (PCS SFIV+V MM Akuma). Reminds me of the Prime1 TF statues desgined by Josh Nizzi. Technically excellent, but currently selling for -$200+ below MSRP, probably because they're derivative designs not based on any media, even though they're a nod to G1.

Just get this if you like it and intend to keep it, or you're going to be disappointed in resale value.

Disagree, the pcs MM Akuma is SF5 Akuma, this is more classic to me even though it is the artist own take on the character. I wonder how many people that played street fighter in the past (Super turbo/Alpha/third strike would prefer a SF4/5 mixed media version from a company with at its best abysmal customer service over this. Not saying this will double in value, just pointing out that there will be a high demand for this piece in the aftermarket. Unlike a certain 1/3 Akuma which was a SF4 version and people tried to flip for crazy money, look at that price now compared to the first resell prices on ebay.
Grifterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:10 PM   #1437
MegatronG1
The X-Men

MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:07 PM   #1438
amloprinzi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Hey Everyone. I wanted to address issue people think they are having with Akuma GI. The paint application on the GI is supposed to look faded.

Since Akuma is a warrior. Please also remember that these are hand painted an no statue will ever look exactly a like.
amloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:43 PM   #1439
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash421 View Post
Great vid man. Very thorough!
Thanks for the kind words
Was trying something new so I wasn't sure if people would like the format.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:14 PM   #1440
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post

I disagree. You are forgeting that this will be a complete line, when you stop to think, who can provide a full Street Fighter line? Answer, PCS. Then you will look to thier pieces and several aged very bad. My point is, people will go after those "unknown" characters and will later want to have the more famous ones, leading those three first to an increase. More, when it comes to 1/6 there is simply no street fighter line.

As for your consideration, I do believe that Eric has his trademark and indeed works better for 1/6
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote