Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 11-17-2014, 02:41 PM   #1181
dockingbay97
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Now it's 1st Quarter 2015. Something's seriously wrong with this picture.
Q1 2015 is only what GG is claiming. Other distributors of their stuff say June 2015 which isn't first quarter.
dockingbay97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:56 PM   #1182
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Silas Loki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:35 PM   #1183
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Delayed a year? This went up for pre-order in July 2013 right after the variant hit at the Con. I could be wrong but I don't ever remember reading this was supposed be released 4 months after that.
Originally she was 2nd Quarter 2014. Then 3rd Quarter. Then mid 4th Quarter. After that 4th Quarter. Only recently 1st Quarter 2015. I assumed late 1st Quarter as I thought if she just missed December Gentle Giant could have put January 2015 on site. So yes a year if not more since now we see yet another delay that she's 2nd Quarter 2015. And no edition size...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockingbay97 View Post
Q1 2015 is only what GG is claiming. Other distributors of their stuff say June 2015 which isn't first quarter.
Well I guess they were right, at least for now, since Gentle Giant now says 2nd Quarter 2015...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 02:10 AM   #1184
Sosudective
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Better that than QC issues
Sosudective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:33 AM   #1185
Graven Gorasd
Justice League

This statue collecting hobby is being plagued by the same problems that other hobbies I am involved with. These deficiencies included delayed release, quality control issues and allocation. If manufacturers are not serious about earning my hard earned money than why do I bother. What really irks me is when all the stuff comes on one container ship. Good luck with budgeting for stuff. Still the delay helps me on the budget part.
Graven Gorasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:35 PM   #1186
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosudective View Post
Better that than QC issues
I doubt it's quality control unless the variants were made in house. I can't see the change in suit color causing that much of a problem.

Besides they did make 100 variants. If the normal is only in the low hundreds. I'm assuming 200 - 500. It doesn't take that much planning to know how much time it will take in comparison to the variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graven Gorasd View Post
Good luck with budgeting for stuff. Still the delay helps me on the budget part.
It's the opposite for me. That money could have been invested or used for other things if I knew the statue would be delayed a whole year. I was ready for Whisper in 2nd Quarter 2014. And believed every single delay only to be delayed again.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:27 AM   #1187
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

You guys should do what I do. When you have the money for a statue transfer it to your paypal account. That way, it will remain seperate and you don't have to think about it until the item does ship.

You can even budget foy multiple statues for instane and as an example: Knowing you have exact money for Doom, Power Girl, and QotD in your PP account.

And it's on you if you ever pull money from the account for other things then you know it's directly away from one of those statues.

Anyway, that works for me.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 12:27 AM   #1188
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

double post
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:57 PM   #1189
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

So I think we are 19 months since Whipser went up for preorder? Is Whipser going to show up before Fireball goes up for preorder?

The SDCC EX Whisper aside, there was a some discussion that people were waiting to see a production sample before ordering the rest of the line. But Kat-ya, Lucky and Derby have all gone up on preorder before we got to see the regular production Whisper. I hope we get to see this soon. It would be nice to hear from GG if Whisper is stuck in the port issues or if she has yet to leave the factory (or even has started production yet).

So far I think the Sideshow Batman PF and the Aspen Grace were the two longest delayed statues I had on order. But I thin Whisper has or will pass the wait times for those two.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:33 PM   #1190
ReplicantSavior

I doubt she started production. Unless it's a Sideshow Predator 2 situation. No way she's stuck at the port either.

Gentle Giant should have made the Whisper action figure while we wait on the statue. Too bad they probably didn't consider that. Or at least have her as an SDCC exclusive last year. The missed opportunities for this line are astonishing.