Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 07-07-2022, 11:06 PM   #2851
Blade3327
Nightwing

Got some bits and bobs to spiffy up the base. About $15 worth of fabrics from a craft store, plus a miniature brass chalice I picked up from Etsy to place near Conan's feet as if he just knocked it over. Trying to evoke the floor from Thulsa Doom's palace of love, so I picked colors and patterns that felt like they could exist in that setting.

Is it too busy? Should anything be removed? Are there any colors that might work better? How about the bare spot near his left foot? Nothing's fixed, so I can swap accessories around until I find the right balance.

I was also toying with the notion of buying some wine-colored Sculpey to sculpt a puddle of liquid coming out of the chalice -- would rather a solid removable puddle than paint on the base -- but that wouldn't work with the carpet. Maybe once I replace the waist fur and bootstraps with darker ones, the statue will have enough contrast that I can keep the base bare with only the chalice and wine spill.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 11:24 PM   #2852
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I finally got this?

Yeah it?s not perspective but I love it by Crom!
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 06:26 AM   #2853
Halcyon
New Republic

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Got some bits and bobs to spiffy up the base. About $15 worth of fabrics from a craft store, plus a miniature brass chalice I picked up from Etsy to place near Conan's feet as if he just knocked it over. Trying to evoke the floor from Thulsa Doom's palace of love, so I picked colors and patterns that felt like they could exist in that setting.

Is it too busy? Should anything be removed? Are there any colors that might work better? How about the bare spot near his left foot? Nothing's fixed, so I can swap accessories around until I find the right balance.

I was also toying with the notion of buying some wine-colored Sculpey to sculpt a puddle of liquid coming out of the chalice -- would rather a solid removable puddle than paint on the base -- but that wouldn't work with the carpet. Maybe once I replace the waist fur and bootstraps with darker ones, the statue will have enough contrast that I can keep the base bare with only the chalice and wine spill.
Nicely done Blade. Matches very well.
You good (only) paint the lower inside of the chalice with red(wine). If your puddle doesn't work.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 09:20 AM   #2854
Accomplished
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post

It looks great!! You?re really creative 👍
Do you have spare fabric, you could paint the wine spill on one of those to test it out. I don?t think the Sculpey would look as natural but if you do end up getting some, can you upload a pic, I wanna see how it turned out. Good luck!
Accomplished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 03:52 PM   #2855
dao2
Cyclops

If you want to get blood use some blood colored wash/ink and drip it on there, Tamiya Clear Red would do the trick.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 04:42 PM   #2856
Blade3327
Nightwing

Thanks for the ideas, guys! Still haven't tried any wine effects, but it's something I've kept in the back of my mind.

My next goal is to replace the bootstraps, anyone have tips for that? I was thinking of using fabric glue (or tape) to secure them. How did other people handle the sections beneath the feet (removal and replacement)?
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote