Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-09-2019, 11:57 AM   #941
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I didn't quite get why newly manufactured parts would not fit existing statues.
I bought the OG Batman PF from a local comic shop. I had to exchange it because one of the arms was broken. The base on the new one had a blemish, so I asked the shop owner if I could keep the base from the first one that I bought and just exchange the Batman figure. He said sure, and I brought it home. Batman from the replacement would not fit in the base from my original purchase. I drove back to the shop, and when I walked in the owner said that he was glad to see me, as he was having the same problem fitting the two pieces together.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:17 PM   #942
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I bought the OG Batman PF from a local comic shop. I had to exchange it because one of the arms was broken. The base on the new one had a blemish, so I asked the shop owner if I could keep the base from the first one that I bought and just exchange the Batman figure. He said sure, and I brought it home. Batman from the replacement would not fit in the base from my original purchase. I drove back to the shop, and when I walked in the owner said that he was glad to see me, as he was having the same problem fitting the two pieces together.
I can see that, but people have that issue with statues even when they don't get replacement parts. The TH Batman thread has some members struggling to get the peg to fit in the base. I don't doubt there is the possibility for parts not to fit, but I would think the expectation would be that they SHOULD fit.

Under this scenario where parts only fit a specific numbered statue, the factory would have to be keying each individual part/statue one at a time rather than mass producing each piece and assembling. Maybe they do tweak the keys during QC or something.... I find that hard to believe, but I don't know. You'd think the holes would be fixed and the keys would be fixed with any mismatch being an anomaly.

I have received replacement parts from Sideshow/Prime 1/Tweeterhead in the past, though, and have not had any issues.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:33 PM   #943
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I had the same issue on my 1/4 Fallout Sole Survivor statue. They sent me a replacement German Shepherd (Dogmeat in the game) because the paint apps on my original were bad. The new one they sent me wouldn't fit into the base at all. The key was angled and shaped completely different on the replacement.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:54 PM   #944
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I was under the impression from Chad's latest video that anyone who needed replacement parts was just having a new statue made for them.

I had said that I did have a little difficulty get the Batman pegs into the hole. I just went over lifted it up and was able to get it back in but I did have to lean the statue ever so slightly forward to do so and it went into the holes without a problem.

It is a shame that this does happen. I do remember reading that when the Bowen released the Hela statue there was a big issue like this and people had to heat the statue up with a hair dryer in order to insert it into the base.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:55 PM   #945
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I can see that, but people have that issue with statues even when they don't get replacement parts. The TH Batman thread has some members struggling to get the peg to fit in the base. I don't doubt there is the possibility for parts not to fit, but I would think the expectation would be that they SHOULD fit.

Under this scenario where parts only fit a specific numbered statue, the factory would have to be keying each individual part/statue one at a time rather than mass producing each piece and assembling. Maybe they do tweak the keys during QC or something.... I find that hard to believe, but I don't know. You'd think the holes would be fixed and the keys would be fixed with any mismatch being an anomaly.

I have received replacement parts from Sideshow/Prime 1/Tweeterhead in the past, though, and have not had any issues.

To my knowledge they are keyed individually.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote