Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-06-2020, 12:31 AM   #31
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

~$600 for a 1/6 scale statue.....there’s just no chance where all these prices keep going is sustainable. This thing is barely over a foot tall.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 02:14 AM   #32
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
~$600 for a 1/6 scale statue.....there’s just no chance where all these prices keep going is sustainable. This thing is barely over a foot tall.
It's $540 shipped... I imagine about $100+ of that price is just shipping costs... Shipping prices have gone crazy...

If we are comparing these to PF's I have to point out these 1/6 scale DC statues are more detailed than most 1/4 PF's... Of course if details don't matter to you and it's all based on size then yeah the $600+ 1:4 PF's are the better deal...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 07:36 AM   #33
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"XM Studios is excited to present our next 1:6 DC Premium Collectibles DC Rebirth series statue, Red Hood! Former Robin Jason Todd parted ways with the Batman over their vastly different approaches to crimefighting, eventually founding his own team, the Outlaws. Immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:6 scale cold-cast porcelain, each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the famous XM quality finish.

Size matters, but Quality even more so! The new XM DC 1:6 line is specially designed for collectors who desire more space-friendly collectibles, without compromising on the incredible details and quality of larger collectible pieces. At 1:6 scale, XM's creative direction is to showcase more abilities, powers and essence of the characters in a bold, dynamic and story telling style. The new XM 1:6 DC line will amaze you with the details you don't expect at this scale. Smaller scale, smaller boxes, more affordable shipping and pricing means you can fit more of these incredibly detailed collectibles into your collection!

Death can be a strange thing for DC Super Heroes, especially when it doesn’t quite stick. Just ask Jason Todd. As Batman’s second Robin, Jason died at the hands of the Joker when he was just a child. But he returned to life with the help of a Lazarus Pit and the literal warping of time and reality."

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 03:39 PM   #34
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
It's $540 shipped... I imagine about $100+ of that price is just shipping costs... Shipping prices have gone crazy...

If we are comparing these to PF's I have to point out these 1/6 scale DC statues are more detailed than most 1/4 PF's... Of course if details don't matter to you and it's all based on size then yeah the $600+ 1:4 PF's are the better deal...
Based on PF sales, I'd say most people don't care about texturing and details. They just want their characters as cheap as possible.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 03:56 PM   #35
Mister H
Green Goblin

Never understood jackets over costumes. They aren’t as bad as the 90’s trench coats I guess.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 04:17 PM   #36
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Never understood jackets over costumes. They aren’t as bad as the 90’s trench coats I guess.
I prefer it to underwear over costumes
Old 08-08-2020, 04:50 PM   #37
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

I'm not sure why this is $100 more than Flash or Aquaman though?
Mepaphoros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 06:46 PM   #38
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
I'm not sure why this is $100 more than Flash or Aquaman though?
Not sure myself...
Old 08-08-2020, 10:19 PM   #39
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

As much as i like it, XM do seem a little obsessed with brick work on their bases....always just seems a little dull to me.

Also i was expecting some switch out, shame it's just the head.

I might still pick it up, i hope Tweeterheads move towards doing more modern stuff we might see him there instead in a better pose with a better base...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:24 AM   #40
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote