Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-21-2020, 10:08 PM   #2491
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
For those watching, or have watched, DARK -- did you opt for the dubbing or the subtitles?

I watched Episode 1 dubbed, but other recommend subtitles. I'm not sure which I should go with for the remainder of the series.
Maybe I should try the subtitles. I found the dubbing really distracting.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 12:49 AM   #2492
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Smallville

Season 1 - 6.5 - You can tell the shows budget is smaller in the beginning and the actors are just feeling out their characters.

Season 2 - 7.5 - The actors jumped in their grasp of the characters, as did the budget, the Lex/Clark dynamic really starts here.

Season 3 - 8 - We can see the real damage on Lex's psyche in this season and it's fa4ntastic.

Season 4 - 8 - Enter Lois Lane, Lex begins to seem more and more devious, Clark begins really resembling the hero we know and there's a peak at wider DCU.

Season 5 - 8.5 - The larger DCU seeps further into Smallville as Clarks Journey continues. Rosenbaum's Lex is probably the best live action version at this point, he's just fantastic.

Season 6 - 8.5 - DCU in full swing, and enter Oliver Queen, and IMO Justin Hartley does a better job than what we got on arrow. Rosenbaum's Lex continues to be outstanding.

Season 7 - 8.5 - Welling looks like Superman, Lex is an evil Genius, There are all sorts of cool nods and appearances.

Season 8 - 8 - This season dips due to the loss of Rosenbaum's Lex. Still Welling is becoming more and more the Hero and his supporting cast is still pretty great. Plus, the big bad is pretty effin cool, though the story is of course a little off the comics.

Season 9 - 7.5 - While this continues using more DCU characters the villain, Zod, just isn't as imposing as you'd hope him to be.

Season 10 - 7.5 - While most of this season builds towards a big bad the Pay off just sort of fizzles, however the end of the show is perfect as it leads where we all hoped it would go.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 04:56 AM   #2493
built2shred
Phoenix

For me Seasons 1-4 of Smallville were the best, after season 5 the show started to tank... it became so cheesy and pretty much everything was shot on cheap sets whereas the first 4 seasons was mostly shot on location... The only thing that kept Smallville going in the later seasons was Lex and his Dad as soon as they left it got awful IMO...

It's also never a good sign when they start to allow the cast to take over the directing instead of getting veteran directors...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:27 AM   #2494
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
It was such a flashback to vintage Godzilla. I eventually got used to the dubbing, but I felt that voices didn't carry the same passion as the actors were portraying.

Example - hotel owner screaming into the phone at the bank. The vein is bulging in her neck and she is clearly screaming - dubbed voice seems mildy annoyed. Didn't really convey the same
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 01:21 AM   #2495
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Warrior Nun - 1/10 - The most boring thing I've ever seen with "Warrior" in the title. Couldn't even make it to the end.

Cursed - 5.5/10 - Retooling of Arthurian Legend before Arthur claims Excalibur. The writers seem to think they're smarter than they are as most of their "twists" fall flat, but it is still mildly entertaining in parts.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 12:04 PM   #2496
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I always choose the original language audio with subtitles if given that option. It looks and feels much more natural.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 12:09 PM   #2497
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Warrior Nun - 1/10 - The most boring thing I've ever seen with "Warrior" in the title. Couldn't even make it to the end.
I bought a lot of the goofy Warrior Nun Areala comics in the 90s and love the concept, but I'm going to pass on this. In my opinion, any adaptation for the screen should be fun, over-the-top bonkers.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 12:47 AM   #2498
off
The X-Men

Late to the party with Netflix but man, loving Punisher!

9 out of 10 (5 episodes in)
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 01:27 AM   #2499
nearmint
Phoenix

Timeless (seasons 1 & 2) 8/10

Fun series for the whole family.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 01:28 AM   #2500
nearmint
Phoenix

Dupe