Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-29-2020, 11:43 PM   #1061
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
Has anyone tried to fit the Art Box from the original version into the Brown Shipper from the new version? It seems as though the new brown shipper box is smaller than the OG shipper and the Art Box won't fit. (at least on mine)
Why not use the original brown shipper?
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:04 AM   #1062
jeremydmc
Black Panther

The shipper for the new replacement is smaller than the original because there was no art box. As nearmint said, just use the original shipper box.

Also, I have confirmed that both original and replacement Superman will fit into either styrofoam just fine.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:44 AM   #1063
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Why not use the original brown shipper?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
The shipper for the new replacement is smaller than the original because there was no art box. As nearmint said, just use the original shipper box.

Also, I have confirmed that both original and replacement Superman will fit into either styrofoam just fine.
You guys know how this works.

If I were to sell it (and since they are changing art direction I most likely will), the buyer is going to want the edition # on the shipper to match the # on the base. They are also going to want the art box. We can't do that now. Either no art box (so they'll want to pay less) or the art box with an incorrect brown shipper (again wanting to pay less).

I'm not on the floor crying my eyes out or raging around the neighborhood, I just thought 'of course they didn't give us a new art box and the old one we are supposed to keep doesn't fit in the new shipper'.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:23 AM   #1064
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
You guys know how this works.

If I were to sell it (and since they are changing art direction I most likely will), the buyer is going to want the edition # on the shipper to match the # on the base. They are also going to want the art box. We can't do that now. Either no art box (so they'll want to pay less) or the art box with an incorrect brown shipper (again wanting to pay less).

I'm not on the floor crying my eyes out or raging around the neighborhood, I just thought 'of course they didn't give us a new art box and the old one we are supposed to keep doesn't fit in the new shipper'.
I switched the base on mine (Old base on replacement Superman) so the number matches the original box. If I was to sell my old one it would come with the new base and old Superman in the new box. I'll either donate my old one or turn it into a Black Recovery Suit Superman if I ever have the time.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 11:10 AM   #1065
grphyx1
Kingpin

grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 12:23 PM   #1066
MisterJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I switched the base on mine (Old base on replacement Superman) so the number matches the original box. If I was to sell my old one it would come with the new base and old Superman in the new box. I'll either donate my old one or turn it into a Black Recovery Suit Superman if I ever have the time.
The problem with that is the old base only had 4 feet on the bottom (causing a slight lean) and the new one has 5. You'd have to cut one off the new and put it on the old.

Also, if you sold it you would have to disclose that it's the old shipper/art box/base(modified) and everything else was new. Probably more importantly, that the number on the box and base wouldn't really be correct as there would be someone else out there with a New version that has the same number on the box/base as the one you are selling.

None of these things matter to me as a collector, but after almost a decade of selling stuff on ebay I know exactly how picky buyers can be and how they try and use any small thing to get a discount or cause problems.

So we basically have a poorly made OG, an incomplete redo, or a Frankenstein of the two.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:10 PM   #1067
Buddy Bradley
Fantastic Four

Wow, I didn't even realize people cared that much about this stuff. I personally couldn't care less if the edition number on the box doesn't match the base.
Buddy Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 02:23 PM   #1068
MisterJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Bradley View Post
Wow, I didn't even realize people cared that much about this stuff. I personally couldn't care less if the edition number on the box doesn't match the base.
You'd be amazed at how nit-picky collectors can be. Also, when numbers don't line up, people start to wonder if they are getting a fake.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:13 PM   #1069
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
You'd be amazed at how nit-picky collectors can be. Also, when numbers don't line up, people start to wonder if they are getting a fake.
Which makes no sense, really. If it’s a fake, why wouldn’t the recaster give the piece the same number as what’s on the shipper?
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 03:42 PM   #1070
MisterJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Which makes no sense, really. If it’s a fake, why wouldn’t the recaster give the piece the same number as what’s on the shipper?
It's been my experience that people often don't make sense and lack critical thinking skills so having things be simple and straightforward is generally preferred.