Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-30-2020, 04:27 PM   #1071
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
The problem with that is the old base only had 4 feet on the bottom (causing a slight lean) and the new one has 5. You'd have to cut one off the new and put it on the old.
"Cut one off"? I didn't look, but if this is like every other statue I've seen they are just little sticky pads. On statues with any weight to them, I've seen them slide around if the statue is slid across a surface. There shouldn't be any reason why it can't be peeled off one base and stuck on the other. I've had to do that on some statues where the pad placement is off and the base ends up not very well balanced.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:31 PM   #1072
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
"Cut one off"? I didn't look, but if this is like every other statue I've seen they are just little sticky pads. On statues with any weight to them, I've seen them slide around if the statue is slid across a surface. There shouldn't be any reason why it can't be peeled off one base and stuck on the other. I've had to do that on some statues where the pad placement is off and the base ends up not very well balanced.
Just pretend I said 'remove' or 'take off' or 'peeled off', whichever term you prefer.
MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:03 PM   #1073
BurningRage
Inhumans

You could always buy felt pads if needed.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:10 AM   #1074
statuestudy
Frackin!

I knew Twetterhead would screw up the replacements somehow. When I received My Superman replacement, I noticed the number on the brown shipping box was not the number on my original statue like the rest of you. In my email requesting a replacement last year I specifically included the number.

For Tweeterhead to tell us to save the art box and not send base matching numbers (brown shipper, art box) is another one of those incidents that proves Chad does NOT take a second to consider collectors. Even if I keep the original base (and add another pad) someone will still have the same number base as mine, my original and their replacement. Obviously not producing new art boxes was a cost factor, not an environmental one. If Tweeterhead wasn’t going to make new art boxes, it would have been nice for them to try and match numbers, send them a photo of the bottom of our base with a piece of paper with a date on it? I was thinking of just chucking the original, art box and all and just keep the replacement in the brown shipper.

The head I got in the replacement had a couple marks/scratches on the right side before I even attached the cape. I was considering using the original head but looks like the skin tone is slightly lighter on the replacement. It wouldn’t match the tone of his hands, plus I think the replacement head looks sharper/cleaner especially the lines around the eyes. Don’t know if its worth the trouble to ask for replacement head.

Again Chad’s disregard towards collectors, by not making new art boxes or tying to match original numbers, just adds to the list of reasons I may be joining some of you and being done with Tweeterhead.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0485[1].jpg
Views:	31
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	132255   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0487[2].jpg
Views:	31
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	132256  
statuestudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:27 AM   #1075
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuestudy View Post
I knew Twetterhead would screw up the replacements somehow. When I received My Superman replacement, I noticed the number on the brown shipping box was not the number on my original statue like the rest of you. In my email requesting a replacement last year I specifically included the number.

For Tweeterhead to tell us to save the art box and not send base matching numbers (brown shipper, art box) is another one of those incidents that proves Chad does NOT take a second to consider collectors. Even if I keep the original base (and add another pad) someone will still have the same number base as mine, my original and their replacement. Obviously not producing new art boxes was a cost factor, not an environmental one. If Tweeterhead wasn’t going to make new art boxes, it would have been nice for them to try and match numbers, send them a photo of the bottom of our base with a piece of paper with a date on it? I was thinking of just chucking the original, art box and all and just keep the replacement in the brown shipper.

The head I got in the replacement had a couple marks/scratches on the right side before I even attached the cape. I was considering using the original head but looks like the skin tone is slightly lighter on the replacement. It wouldn’t match the tone of his hands, plus I think the replacement head looks sharper/cleaner especially the lines around the eyes. Don’t know if its worth the trouble to ask for replacement head.

Again Chad’s disregard towards collectors, by not making new art boxes or tying to match original numbers, just adds to the list of reasons I may be joining some of you and being done with Tweeterhead.
The new shipping box number on the box matched the number on the statue (except for the edition size was different). And I dont remember ever being asked to keep the original box for the new statue.

I can see why Chad gets frustrated with these nitpicking collectors. Tries to to right by replacing all the ones that had problems and still gets -----ing. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to not have you as a customer.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:00 AM   #1076
jeremydmc
Black Panther

It was at the end of the email I got from TH on July 15th.

"THANKS and we hope you all have a SUPER weekend. These replacements took a while to get, but we hope it shows that although we do run late sometimes, we won't ever let you down!

****Please keep the colored box your original SP Superman came in as the replacement SP Superman is not arriving in a new colored box**"

The problem with the new replacement shipper is that it is not big enough to put the original colored box in. It is only as big as the styrofoam insert since there was no colored box included.

Doesn't bother me either way since I switched the base from the old statue to put on the replacement (So the base would match the original shipper that can also fit the colored box) but I can see where it could be an issue with others.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 11:26 AM   #1077
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I get the whole thing about the box issue and I admit, Ido get a thrill about getting a low numbered statue but to me this is a non issue. Yes, the whole issue of the first Superman statue was messed up but I think Chad made right and got brand new statues to everyone who had a messed up one and YOU GOT A FREE STATUE!!!! Chad did not expect anyone to take a hammer to the statue and send pics before he sent them to you.

I truly get why some people are upset about this and I think that some people on this site have been more than gracious (jeremydc being one) when it came to the replacement but I say just move on. In the long run is it worth it?
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 11:27 AM   #1078
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuestudy View Post

I would be upset about the scratches and I would contact Chad about that.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 12:15 PM   #1079
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
It was at the end of the email I got from TH on July 15th.

"THANKS and we hope you all have a SUPER weekend. These replacements took a while to get, but we hope it shows that although we do run late sometimes, we won't ever let you down!

****Please keep the colored box your original SP Superman came in as the replacement SP Superman is not arriving in a new colored box**"

The problem with the new replacement shipper is that it is not big enough to put the original colored box in. It is only as big as the styrofoam insert since there was no colored box included.

Doesn't bother me either way since I switched the base from the old statue to put on the replacement (So the base would match the original shipper that can also fit the colored box) but I can see where it could be an issue with others.
Pretty sure my replacement came in a color box.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:29 PM   #1080
Buddy Bradley
Fantastic Four

Statue collectors have got to be the most petty and nitpicking collectors in all the world. Chad replaced all of the Superman statues and let us do whatever we want with the old one. I wouldn't dream of asking any more of him.

And by the way, as far as I know the heads on the originals were pretty much flawless, so you could always use one of the old heads on the new statue.
Buddy Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote