Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 08-26-2016, 02:52 PM   #71
Darth Milo
Hydra

It's really a shame, they make wonderful products.. I love my Tie Fighter from them.

My biggest dream is a SS Slave-1

I miss the old Master Replicas days..
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 04:56 AM   #72
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qosby View Post
I'd be happier if it was them but we'll have to see. It could turn into an EFX/Anovos type situation where they both have licensing for crossover items (costumes / replicas).
Competition is good, if you don't like what company X makes you can go with Y. The same with Anovos, EFX and Prop Shop, if they all end up with the same licenses
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 06:43 PM   #73
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qosby View Post
I expect the Star Destroyer (if it ever makes it to market) will be sold in numbers less than 250, maybe even less than 100. They'll definitely sell out fast and skyrocket in value. I imagine a lot of sacrifices will have to be made for production. There's so many undercuts and details on the original filming miniature that would need to be filled in for the EFX bird to withstand injection molding or casting.

I think a collector wanting an unlicensed one-off build would pay $20-25K for one, easily. So the price tag is not bad imo. The big question is if people want to indirectly support as shady a character as Steve Neicen (heard so many horror stories over the years). Some people are saying he's built his entire enterprise on float funding, taking payment for kits he very rarely ever ships unless you happen to be one of his friends or partners. Makes you wait until Paypal buyer protection expires, then ignores you until you publicly shame him. Like this poor fella on the Replica Prop Forum:

After the debacle with the scout helmet, good luck anticipating folks are going to feel trusting enough to put down a fat wad of cash for the preorder.

Some examples of less than satisfied customers on EFX's Facebook page:

It all makes you want to Kylo Ren some asses
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:49 PM   #74
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwN View Post
- "Reveal" ESB Luke lightsaber with lights and sounds
- Epic Duel series lightsabers will come in sets, starting with Kenobi and Vader, Luke and Vader, Qui-Gon, Kenobi, and Maul, Yoda and Dooku, and finally Mace and Sidious
- 4-foot (!) studio scale model of the Star Destroyer based exactly on the model from the film.

Now we all are familiar with eFX's reputation when it comes to delays or simply never releasing something they announced, but let's hope this will change under Disney's supervision on these new lines.

This is incredible news for me, can't wait to see what they do with the lightsabers. Most are must-haves.

Also a nice opportunity to get some pieces that are now very expensive in their Master Replicas iteration, let's just hope the quality is on par.
I wonder if they will be going for a similar super idealized vibe or something more in the stunt department. MR's work on Sidious's lightsaber for example will be hard to top.
Ha.ha.ha.... Please people don't BUY from efx....they are worst of the worst....
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:10 PM   #75
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I will give this to eFx - they could have asked for 10k which is typical for studio scale SW/ST stuff. Not that it matters, I highly doubt this SD will ever see the light of day. It depends how they plan to go about it. "Mass" production via China or made to order in the states.

Then again the price might reflect a poor quality SD in comparison to a 10k version.....
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 03:52 AM   #76
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

The EFX TIE Fighter studio scale (which I own) is a superb piece. Not 100% accurate, but still gorgeous and light years ahead of the old Icons version (the ebay auctions for $5000 Icons TIE are funny). This means EFX can do an excellent job if they try to hard enough. The problem with the Star Destroyer is it's size. That can be added to the rest of problems EFX has as a company
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 07:05 AM   #77
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

It doesn't make any sense why they cant pump out LE and Reveal lightsabers. They would sell out instantly and be fairly easy to produce.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 07:24 AM   #78
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

Yes it's weird. They also could have made models
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:01 AM   #79
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

I would be in for all OT reveal lightsabers.
Also for the following models: A-Wing, Tie Bomber, smaller Star Destroyer, the Executor, B-Wing, Imperial Droid, Excape pod, ...
Some of those were shown but never got made.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 01:19 AM   #80
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

Executor
SD
EP 3 SD
Res SD
Trade Fed Droid ship
Tie Bom
Tie In