Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 02-12-2014, 02:11 AM   #41
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
I hadn't noticed that mate, good pick up. While that's reassuring that he really is coming, it almost makes it even more puzzling why they haven't fixed it on the guest page.
I see the site has had a brand new facelift today, and Brad is now featured in the guest lists for his respective States appearances. Also theres a contest to win two tickets to NYCC!!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:41 AM   #42
Royd
Producer
Producer

Good to see that Brad is now featured!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
I see the site has had a brand new facelift today, and Brad is now featured in the guest lists for his respective States appearances. Also theres a contest to win two tickets to NYCC!!
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:52 AM   #43
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
They didn't acknowledge my post on Facebook though. And poor Agnes is still stuck down near the bottom of the page rather than being up the top with the other international guests.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:56 AM   #44
Wrothy

For those who have been commenting on Supanova guest cancellations:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Comic-Con
We have some sad news for you all today. Unfortunately, due to work commitments, Kevin Sorbo and Michael Hurst will no longer be available to join us for our upcoming Perth and Adelaide events.

However, they have both agreed to join us next year for our 2015 Perth and Adelaide events. In the meantime we are trying to source a replacement guest. So watch this space!
Old 02-13-2014, 03:58 AM   #45
Peasant
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrothy View Post
For those who have been commenting on Supanova guest cancellations:

1. Who? Jim Beam guy? and his sidekick?
2. It's Perth and Adelaide…meh. hahahahahaaha Just kidding…well uuuhhhh….I guess it's a shame??? LOL
Peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:57 AM   #46
Wrothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasant View Post
1. Who? Jim Beam guy? and his sidekick?
2. It's Perth and Adelaide…meh. hahahahahaaha Just kidding…well uuuhhhh….I guess it's a shame??? LOL
Really? That's a little condescending mate. Now I wasn't too worried about them myself, but I know people who were really looking forward to meeting Kevin and Michael.

The point I was trying to make is that every con has cancellations.

I'm a neutral observer - I enjoy Oz Comic Con for their support of some of my favourite Australian comic talent (along with some great international guests), and Supanova for their proven experience in bringing in top level international comic talent (even if it sometimes means that getting sketches is problematic). I don't get the need to put one set of cons above/below the other - we should be grateful that we have two organisations bringing great pop culture conventions to Australia.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:53 AM   #47
Peasant
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrothy View Post
Really? That's a little condescending mate. Now I wasn't too worried about them myself, but I know people who were really looking forward to meeting Kevin and Michael.

The point I was trying to make is that every con has cancellations.

I'm a neutral observer - I enjoy Oz Comic Con for their support of some of my favourite Australian comic talent (along with some great international guests), and Supanova for their proven experience in bringing in top level international comic talent (even if it sometimes means that getting sketches is problematic). I don't get the need to put one set of cons above/below the other - we should be grateful that we have two organisations bringing great pop culture conventions to Australia.
Wrothy, didn't mean to offend you in any way mate. Was just fooling around. If you'd like me to be very honest, those cancellations doesn't affect me at all. And I'd rather be honest and wear my heart on my sleeve.

At the end of the day, it's not about which con is better than the other…as previously stated in my comments, which you might have missed:
"And again, I reiterate, I personally want ALL cons to be awesome for us!".

If someone was to ask my personal preference, I'd rate the con in a particular order…HOWEVER…once again I'll repeat myself, And again, I reiterate...I personally want ALL cons to be awesome for us! Don't know how much clearer I can be.
Peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:24 AM   #48
Wrothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasant View Post
Wrothy, didn't mean to offend you in any way mate. Was just fooling around. If you'd like me to be very honest, those cancellations doesn't affect me at all. And I'd rather be honest and wear my heart on my sleeve.

At the end of the day, it's not about which con is better than the other…as previously stated in my comments, which you might have missed:
"And again, I reiterate, I personally want ALL cons to be awesome for us!".

If someone was to ask my personal preference, I'd rate the con in a particular order…HOWEVER…once again I'll repeat myself, And again, I reiterate...I personally want ALL cons to be awesome for us! Don't know how much clearer I can be.
No problems mate - I just felt that the "Jim Beam guy" remark was a bit unnecessary. The great thing about fandom is that there is something for everyone - if we all liked exactly the same things it would get pretty boring. I've never really gotten the whole Brony thing (at least not until I recently read a blog by Paul Abstruse), but I think they deserve respect for their enthusiasm for something they love.

Not to worry - we're good.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:11 AM   #49
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

How about we agree that each con has its pros and cons
But that mostly here art collectors hope that both con systems do well

And in the true meaning of this thread - great news Rod - I hope this means bigger and better future
fred flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:45 AM   #50
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred flintstone View Post
How about we agree that each con has its pros and cons
But that mostly here art collectors hope that both con systems do well

And in the true meaning of this thread - great news Rod - I hope this means bigger and better future
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote