Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-18-2019, 01:06 PM   #1181
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

What does it look like without the piece? is it worse with the piece off?
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:16 PM   #1182
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm sad I missed out on this piece.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:26 PM   #1183
built2shred
Phoenix

I have a feeling they found out there was a shipping issue with that piece of the tornado breaking off so they made it a separate piece at the last second without really thinking about how it would look.

It was defiantly a poor design choose by XM... I really expect more from these guys but I have a feeling as they keep getting bigger were going to see more of this... That aside it's still a great statue...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:48 PM   #1184
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I have a feeling they found out there was a shipping issue with that piece of the tornado breaking off so they made it a separate piece at the last second without really thinking about how it would look.

It was defiantly a poor design choose by XM... I really expect more from these guys but I have a feeling as they keep getting bigger were going to see more of this... That aside it's still a great statue...
Very much so.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:55 PM   #1185
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

That separate piece of tornado has been there since the beginning. Not too many people noticed it but I remember seeing it. It's on the official pictures of Storm that went up for PO on the website too so it's been like that for a long time now (at least since September 2017). Check out post #412 at http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=412

The picture below was posted by NorthernLadMSP in September 2017.

DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:57 PM   #1186
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Unless SS made the suit silver, I highly doubt even I would buy another Storm in this suit. It's my least favorite of all her looks.

Has anybody thought of a way to make that tornado seam less obvious? I can't think of a way.
If you don't plan to sell your Storm in the future, the only way is clay and paint.
Fortunately you can console yourself by admiring a beautiful statue.

On a side note, I loved the cotton/lightings/lightnings FX seen in an other post.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:42 PM   #1187
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
That separate piece of tornado has been there since the beginning. Not too many people noticed it but I remember seeing it. It's on the official pictures of Storm that went up for PO on the website too so it's been like that for a long time now (at least since September 2017). Check out post #412 at http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=412

The picture below was posted by NorthernLadMSP in September 2017.

I never noticed it before but your right, there It is... If that's the case it's actually worse then because XM had tons of time to fix the issue before they shipped them out... Anytime you have a big noticeable seam like that, it's an issue... Just seams like there would of been an easy fix for it..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:40 PM   #1188
Professor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Got mine last week and unfortunately I also had the broken hair problem. Mine is a small piece which I could not find in the box and it's not enough of an issue to make me ask for a replacement. I also have some excess glue on the underside of the tornado, it normally would not be visible but my statue is up high so it got my attention. I also have the rebel terminator from SS and the storm seam and rebel seam are about the same. From straight on or below the statues it is not noticeable but if your looking down on them the seam is noticeable in both of them. Also with mine being up high the seams between the cape and body is a little more noticeable. The little piece on the tornado is what it is so no need for me to mention it again.

On the bright side I'm very happy with this staue and have placed it at the top of the stairs so it is the first thing you see when entering my nerd cave. I planned on selling my SS PF Storm when this one arrived but they are so differnt that I'm going to keep the SS Storm also.

Even though I'm very happy with this statue and my poison Ivy I just have a hard time justifying in my mind the price difference between XM and SS. When I look at my XM Statues and my SS statues its just hard to justify in my mind. This will probably be my last XM statue unless they come out with something i just love.
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:55 PM   #1189
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

From a a 1/4th perspective I really have to pick and choose what XM statues I buy. At about 1K per 1/4th it is incredibly expensive. especially when Sideshow is doing some excellent statues.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 01:15 AM   #1190
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I mix and match I’m trying to find a balance between the brands. XM is doing characters SS won’t touch so I buy those from XM and more popular stuff SS gets. Then there are few exceptions but overall it’s friggin pricey
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote