If I win the big lottery jackpot I will buy one for you
may the odds be ever in your favor.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:43 AM   #782
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Pyslocke, although cool, I find a really idiotic character.
words hurt bro, shes my fave

lol you bring up some interesting points, i really started liking her while reading x-force
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:45 AM   #783
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I grew up watching the X-Men 90s cartoon and it was my favorite cartoon of all the 90s even beating Batman. I did love me some Rogue. I even remember that my dad had trouble finding the action figure of her because she was rare and they didn’t make as many of her. I also hated Anna Paquin as Rogue. Didn’t feel like Rogue at all. That’s more to do with the director and writers than her portrayal but still I wasn’t feeling her. Also XM Storm will be maxed out at 999 at best. XM has stated that they won’t exceed that number with any statue. If they get a worldwide license, that could always change. My guess is that Storm has an ES of 800
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:50 AM   #784
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I grew up watching the X-Men 90s cartoon and it was my favorite cartoon of all the 90s even beating Batman. I did love me some Rogue. I even remember that my dad had trouble finding the action figure of her because she was rare and they didn’t make as many of her. I also hated Anna Paquin as Rogue. Didn’t feel like Rogue at all. That’s more to do with the director and writers than her portrayal but still I wasn’t feeling her. Also XM Storm will be maxed out at 999 at best. XM has stated that they won’t exceed that number with any statue. If they get a worldwide license, that could always change. My guess is that Storm has an ES of 800
Pretty good guess. I'll be surprised if she's as low as 500 like Spider-Gwen. This piece will be the second licensed 1/4 scale Storm and the only licensed Jim Lee costume.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:55 AM   #785
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Same, and batman is my favorite comic character. 90's xmen is my favorite comic cartoon period.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:58 AM   #786
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

So my xmen female list is as follows
Rogue
jean (phoenix)
Psylocke
Storm

Reason being has already been stated. 90s cartoon and my favorite Xmen is gambit, so rogue was my favorite because of their relationship. Jean is 2nd because of the awesome phoenix force and her love triangle with cyclops and wolverine. Psylocke barely edges storm, because I always loved her Jim lee uniform and her katanas and how she always tried flirting with cyclops. Storm I always thought was a badass but I guess there werent many love triangles for her to be a part of LOL.

But back to the statue. I think this is one of their best female portrait sculpts. I know a lot of people like Dark phoenix, but I really dont like the fire or any of the portraits. It may look 10x better in person but I can only judge off the pictures provided so far.

Edit: I also hated Anna Paquin as rogue, she did nothing for me in that movie. My guess for the ES would be a bit lower around 650 or so because I see a lot of people saying they want storm, but have to much on order already. She isn't at the top of a lot of peoples priority list it seems.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:06 PM   #787
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

In regard to the Dark Phoenix vs. Storm and which one is better. I think they're both equally as amazing. The difference for me is that I feel Storm is much more dynamic and Dark Phoenix is more detailed.

For me the flying pose with the capes blowing in the wind is way more dynamic than standing on a rock base.

However, on the flip side the sheer detail in the rock/fire formations and the bird is amazing.

I love both and can't pick which one I like better.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:10 PM   #788
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I can get why some people don't like Storm. I'm not really sure how that happens, but I can kinda see it

What I don't get is Rogue's huge popularity. Out of the gate people were gaga for her and now she's almost viewed as the flagship X-Men female. It's taken me quite some time to love her character, but she will never be as beloved as Storm. Love me some Ororo.

Psylocke is probably the X-lady I find the least amount of attraction to. I think her look - even as Betsy pre-body switch - is amazing! However, her personality and emotional issue escape me. X-Force helped me like her more, but not by much.
I have the same sentiments about Rogue. Sure, she's great, but I never dug her. And now her and Emma Frost seem like the main X-women. How the hell did Emma get first billing over Psylocke? FFS! Speaking of PSylocke, she IS my favorite. And it goes beyond the sexy outfits. I find her tumultuous history fascinating, basically.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:11 PM   #789
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
words hurt bro, shes my fave

lol you bring up some interesting points, i really started liking her while reading x-force
She is my favorite too. Some people just don't get it. lol
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:11 PM   #790
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Pretty good guess. I'll be surprised if she's as low as 500 like Spider-Gwen. This piece will be the second licensed 1/4 scale Storm and the only licensed Jim Lee costume.
I wouldn't be surprised if Storm had a 999 ES. First off, this is just a beautiful statue and if you are a Storm fan, this has to be on your radar. Second, Sideshow abandoned the Lee PF line before releasing a Lee Storm PF. So, if anyone wants a Lee storm in their Lee PF lineup, this will definitely fill the bill. I think there will be strong demand for this piece.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote