Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-25-2018, 09:59 AM   #24231
protector2814
Phoenix

Black Sabbath (1963) 6/10

An Italian Horror Movie, II picked up a Blue-Dubbed-Into-English copy. Karloff's lines, along w/ a few others were left in their original English. Another one of my anthology-horrors, this one did not stand the test of time. There's a great Ghost story, a bad stalker story, & an ok, Karloff vampire story with Karloff providing an awkward "host's-duties" throughout the film. One thing I will say it has going for it, the cinematography in this movie is gorgeous. The move drips with gothic pans & rich, haunted colors, I seldom see in horror, w/ the exception of Hammer which this equals if not is even better. Director, Mario Bava had an amazing eye. Side note the band, Black Sabbath grabbed their name from this movie. They were originally called Earth, but the band saw the movie, loved it, & changed their name to it.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:28 PM   #24232
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I don't think WW was a 4/10 but it wasn't a 9/10 either, I'd give it 7/10 and that's being generous...

The villain was lame, a lot of the movie had really bad CGI especially in the beginning when they were on the island... Gadot is an average actress at best, she did ok with the part but played it very vanilla, I think a more experienced actress would of brought more to the character....

This movie was really over hyped due to the whole feminist movement....

Do you realize that many of your comments come across as the angry, white, male, Trump supporter? Not trying to get political but a lot of your comments that would require your opinion, this seems to be the way you always lean.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:42 PM   #24233
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Do you realize that many of your comments come across as the angry, white, male, Trump supporter? Not trying to get political but a lot of your comments that would require your opinion, this seems to be the way you always lean.
You’re the one that just made it political. His comments certainly weren’t.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:45 PM   #24234
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
You’re the one that just made it political. His comments certainly weren’t.
Coming from someone who stated they 100 percent agree with the post, I wouldn't expect you to agree. But it goes beyond one post. But if you think that on a non political forum that you can speak of the feminism movement in a negative light and that's not dog whistle. Please. Do you think woman are treated fairly and equitable in this country?
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:36 PM   #24235
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Coming from someone who stated they 100 percent agree with the post, I wouldn't expect you to agree. But it goes beyond one post. But if you think that on a non political forum that you can speak of the feminism movement in a negative light and that's not dog whistle. Please. Do you think woman are treated fairly and equitable in this country?
The only point he made in that specific post was the affect the uptick in the feminist movement had on the reception of the film. I don’t see how anyone can argue that the film’s success didn’t benefit from this. My personal stance on anything to do the feminist movement in and of itself is irrelevant so I’m not even going to bother answering your baited question.

If you have any problems with any of his or anyone else’s posts for that matter being political report them and they’ll be dealt with accordingly.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 06:10 PM   #24236
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:

Actually I hate the far right as much as I hate the far left.... And no I'm defiantly not a trump supporter but I'm also not a social justice warrior who thinks their farts smell like roses either...

I call them as I see them, of course everyone has their own perspective on stuff but saying the Feminist movement at the time had no impact on the popularity of the WW movie is a farce IMO.. On release day they had movie theaters doing women only, you had lots of female actors/politicians, etc.. hyping the movie up.... I think what I said was a valid point.

Just a few examples of how crazy the feminist movement is getting, you have actresses now saying they won't let their daughters watch Snow White because Prince Charming sexually assaults Snow White by kissing her while she was in that sleeping spell.... Same thing with little mermaid, they won't let their daughters watch that because no girl should give up her voice for any guy...… Alicia Keys, Keira Knightly, Kristen Bell, etc....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 06:15 PM   #24237
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Captain America: Winter Soldier

pure gold from start to finish, Marvel's best movie

10/10
Totally, absolutely, completely and unequivocally agree!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:06 PM   #24238
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

Actually I hate the far right as much as I hate the far left.... And no I'm defiantly not a trump supporter but I'm also not a social justice warrior who thinks their farts smell like roses either...

I call them as I see them, of course everyone has their own perspective on stuff but saying the Feminist movement at the time had no impact on the popularity of the WW movie is a farce IMO.. On release day they had movie theaters doing women only, you had lots of female actors/politicians, etc.. hyping the movie up.... I think what I said was a valid point.

Just a few examples of how crazy the feminist movement is getting, you have actresses now saying they won't let their daughters watch Snow White because Prince Charming sexually assaults Snow White by kissing her while she was in that sleeping spell.... Same thing with little mermaid, they won't let their daughters watch that because no girl should give up her voice for any guy...… Alicia Keys, Keira Knightly, Kristen Bell, etc....
+1. I can think of a few movies up that alley. The world-a-changing. Well said shred.

Sicario 2. 6/10
Tag. 2/10
Horrible Bosses 2. 5/10
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:33 PM   #24239
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Sicario 2. 6/10
Tag. 2/10
Horrible Bosses 2. 5/10

You must have a penchant for sh*tty movies!

LOL
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:39 PM   #24240
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I watch lots of movies. That was a rough patch for sure. Thank the wife for most of the bad ones!
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote