Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-25-2014, 12:05 PM   #11
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

No other JL members yet. The only other 1:6 scale DC ArtFX figures Koto has done recently are Joker, Deathstroke, and a Dark Knight Returns-style Batman vs. Joker set. They did characters like Supergirl, Catwoman, and differet versions of Joker and Superman back when the first edition of Batman was released, but I don't think any of that is worth tracking down.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:36 PM   #12
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
No other JL members yet. The only other 1:6 scale DC ArtFX figures Koto has done recently are Joker, Deathstroke, and a Dark Knight Returns-style Batman vs. Joker set. They did characters like Supergirl, Catwoman, and differet versions of Joker and Superman back when the first edition of Batman was released, but I don't think any of that is worth tracking down.
The Superman and Catwoman that they put out initially were indeed poor IMHO
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:49 PM   #13
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

The Killing Joke Joker looks fantastic next to the Batman. Honestly I'm not sure why it's not more popular.
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:25 AM   #14
Henry Pym
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I just saw a GL Movie version by DC Direct. Is it me, or is that the worst statue ever? I mean the static pose one, not the smaller dynamic pose, which is okay at best (horrible face sculpt).
Henry Pym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:02 AM   #15
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Pym View Post
I just saw a GL Movie version by DC Direct. Is it me, or is that the worst statue ever? I mean the static pose one, not the smaller dynamic pose, which is okay at best (horrible face sculpt).
Yes it is. Very forgettable. The movie although cheesy I like, but I cannot say the same about the statue.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:25 AM   #16
Henry Pym

Ghehe lol. So I wasn't alone in enjoying the movie?
Old 03-28-2014, 06:35 AM   #17
Henry Pym

Just unpacked Superman, and I have to say the sculpt is impressive. Paint looks good, apart from some minor flaws. I never owned a PVC/ Vinyl statue before, but happy that is has some weight to it. The base is hollow, but the giant S is amazing nonetheless. Also really digging his pose and the colors just pop out. Can't wait to unpack Batman and get Deathstroke soon. I hope they do the entire JL asap.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:38 AM   #18
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Just unpacked Superman, and I have to say the sculpt is impressive. Paint looks good, apart from some minor flaws. I never owned a PVC/ Vinyl statue before, but happy that is has some weight to it. The base is hollow, but the giant S is amazing nonetheless. Also really digging his pose and the colors just pop out. Can't wait to unpack Batman and get Deathstroke soon. I hope they do the entire JL asap.
Congrats, Bro!! Are you going to review them on youtube?
Old 03-31-2014, 06:14 AM   #19
Henry Pym

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
Congrats, Bro!! Are you going to review them on youtube?
Thnx brother. You read my thoughts lol. I will probably do a dual review of Supes and Batman. First I'd like to get the For Tomorrow tpb first though, because I hate talking about statues of which I dont own comics of
Old 03-31-2014, 07:51 AM   #20
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Thnx brother. You read my thoughts lol. I will probably do a dual review of Supes and Batman. First I'd like to get the For Tomorrow tpb first though, because I hate talking about statues of which I dont own comics of
I feel ya. I do the same. The Superman for Tomorrow storyline is ok. A little dry and incoherent, but the art is eye candy. How can anybody dislike Jim Lee's work?