Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-20-2014, 03:01 AM   #51
Comicbookguy
Hercules

So if koto reissues them why not change some colors? It's something a little bit different. But lesson learn here is to never pay too much because koto most likely will reissue any popular items to bring them back to retail prices.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #52
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

looks like this is the new trend with companies, DCD(always), Koto and SS
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:39 PM   #53
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

If any company is going to reissue or rerelease something, they need to make some changes to it. It's absolutely horse crap if they reissue the exact same thing.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:02 PM   #54
built2shred
Phoenix

I have to wonder if this re-release might have something to do with the paint issues of the original Blue Batgirl without them actually owning up to the issue. I could be wrong but I find it hard to believe it's just a coincidence.

If anything those who want this figure in their collection can now have it without the paint getting all tacky. At least I hope it won't get tacky or bleed.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:07 PM   #55
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
If any company is going to reissue or rerelease something, they need to make some changes to it. It's absolutely horse crap if they reissue the exact same thing.
Agreed these are expensive collectibles not walmart toys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I have to wonder if this re-release might have something to do with the paint issues of the original Blue Batgirl without them actually owning up to the issue. I could be wrong but I find it hard to believe it's just a coincidence.

If anything those who want this figure in their collection can now have it without the paint getting all tacky. At least I hope it won't get tacky or bleed.
No they are reissuing many of them so it's not just batgirls paint issues for just that one.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:14 AM   #56
byteme909
Frackin!

While kotobukiya has never indicated that these statues are limited runs (unless otherwise stated like catwoman), collectors expect the amount to be limited after it's initial release. Like someone has already said it's part of the fun. I'm glad those who missed out on the first batch gets a second chance to buy it, but at the same time it will affect my decisions for future purchases if koto can decide to flood the market with re release whenever it suits them. These are no longer collectible if they are so easily accessible. To me, I no longer need to jump on every release if this is the case.
byteme909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:26 AM   #57
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteme909 View Post
While kotobukiya has never indicated that these statues are limited runs (unless otherwise stated like catwoman), collectors expect the amount to be limited after it's initial release. Like someone has already said it's part of the fun. I'm glad those who missed out on the first batch gets a second chance to buy it, but at the same time it will affect my decisions for future purchases if koto can decide to flood the market with re release whenever it suits them. These are no longer collectible if they are so easily accessible. To me, I no longer need to jump on every release if this is the case.
Exactly well said! I back collected quite a few until I saw this news and now stopped. Just waiting to see what goes before buying more from the aftermarket paying more than retail. It kind of feels like what's the point of collecting these when they get reissue once years past when they are htf. Then comes more of the same again.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:47 PM   #58
byteme909
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Exactly well said! I back collected quite a few until I saw this news and now stopped. Just waiting to see what goes before buying more from the aftermarket paying more than retail. It kind of feels like what's the point of collecting these when they get reissue once years past when they are htf. Then comes more of the same again.
As others have mentioned, one of the most baffling things is there are still plenty of character subjects to cover. They haven't released black canary yet and if their focus is on 1/7 then they should take a long hard look at the poor Marvel line up in 1/6 that they can easily revisit with new sculpts. I'm sorry but this is a pure cash grab move that doesn't do any service to long time fans and collectors and this is why so many are upset with koto.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:39 AM   #59
ChrisMmmm
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteme909 View Post
As others have mentioned, one of the most baffling things is there are still plenty of character subjects to cover. They haven't released black canary yet and if their focus is on 1/7 then they should take a long hard look at the poor Marvel line up in 1/6 that they can easily revisit with new sculpts. I'm sorry but this is a pure cash grab move that doesn't do any service to long time fans and collectors and this is why so many are upset with koto.
Cash grab? They are a business, and there is a demand for it. Plus the mold is already made, which is the largest cost of the production of a figure. It also does a service to those fans who missed out on it. The only ones is doesn't serve are "investors", who would do better investing in the stock market.
ChrisMmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:06 PM   #60
byteme909
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMmmm View Post
Cash grab? They are a business, and there is a demand for it. Plus the mold is already made, which is the largest cost of the production of a figure. It also does a service to those fans who missed out on it. The only ones is doesn't serve are "investors", who would do better investing in the stock market.
You missed my previous post. I indicated this is good for people who missed out initially. I don't care about the secondary market. My point is if these are meant as collector items then they should be treated as such. Make however many you want to produce initially and that is it. There are other characters that should be made. The "its a business deal with it" argument is weak. Their business is supported by us as fans. And if they are perceived as cash grabbers instead of making products for the fan then they are going to lose customers.