Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 05-13-2010, 08:54 AM   #11
Underdog07
Hercules

I do not think one is feasible for myself, however, the one for my son is awesome. Its very small so artists are willing to sketch in it without even being asked. you can check out what he has in it here

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=89150
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:22 AM   #12
TAFKADixie
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I use sketchbooks for freebies and quickies but dont think I would ever pay for a $50+ commission in one of them. One of the stores like Michaels, AC Moore, or the like frequently has B1G1 on sketchbooks or you can use the always available 40-50% coupons to get one pretty cheap. I have one for Two-Face and one for everything else. One of the pros is the artists love to look at each others work and I think the competitive fire in them will get them to try and top what the others have done before them. Of course, it could work the other way as well. Sanford Greene looked at my Stelfreeze Two-Face and said "Anybody else you'd like me to do instead?" with a smile implying he didnt want to have to try and follow it. He ended up doing a Green Arrow for me. =)
TAFKADixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #13
EnigmaMiniBust
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

as an added note...

Yeah if its not too big 9smaller than 8.5x11) and its for the kid (not mum or dad trying to get a free sketch but asking kid to do it for them) I don't even charge...the kid is there to have a good time. I'm noticing kids are back on 'allowances' lol...ah yes. If its the kids money not likely to do it...but if daddy does absolutely.

a couple of people do this mailing thing with the book, mail it off to you with signed confirmation of receival, and pay for shipping back...so I generally deduct from costs that way....which is pretty fun too..its like being a security firm for art for a time and adding a deposit. I have a blast everytime...I've seen a couple where I spent a looooot of time on a piece cuz a top tier name was there before me lol.
EnigmaMiniBust is offline   Reply With Quote