Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-23-2021, 06:18 AM   #1471
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsensine View Post
Was about to buy one of these, and I noticed the portrait seam. Am I really the only one who cannot handle massively visible portrait seams like this? Whenever I see stuff like this I just want to pluck the head off. The Sideshow Wolverine is much better on this point.
You really don't see the seam when looking at it head on, doesn't bother me at all tbh but if it does, then don't get this one as these pieces are pricy and you should be completely happy with what you get; you can definitely see it on the side, similar to the pic you posted. I just don't really notice it, especially at the angle I have mine displayed but I get how seams can drive people bonkers lol.

As much as I appreciate the SS Wolverine, it just isn't for me. If it was the classic suit and not astonishing, I'd have bought that ages ago. I just love the iconic brown suit and this is the best Brown suit licensed piece you can get imo. Good luck either way, hopefully if you end up with this one, you are happy with it as it's definitely a stunning piece.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 06:32 AM   #1472
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Here's a shot of mine, have him paired with XM Cyclops. They both go fantastic together!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20211021_220707880.MP.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	143474  
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 10:08 AM   #1473
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsensine View Post
Was about to buy one of these, and I noticed the portrait seam. Am I really the only one who cannot handle massively visible portrait seams like this? Whenever I see stuff like this I just want to pluck the head off. The Sideshow Wolverine is much better on this point.

Nope, you're not the only one bothered by seams. Actually, there's a lot of people that feel the same way.

Just buy the version you like best. Preferably the version that hides seams really well.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 01:40 PM   #1474
ilsensine
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I know I don't need to buy it, and I won't, I'm more just disappointed because this is otherwise the best sculpted brown costume. (Although I'm not crazy about the belt and the paint on the costume in the chest area, but we don't need to get into that.)

I agree it looks good from the front though. But I'm not sure I could stop myself from looking at it from the side just to confirm that the seam was still there. Ah well, won't be the last Wolverine statue I guess.
ilsensine is offline   Reply With Quote