Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 10-24-2021, 05:00 AM   #51
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Looks fine to me. Sorry if the generic curvy lady but with no pupils and white skin looks a little bit different than the multiple examples you posted of a generic curvy lady. Not every female has to have particularly long legs either. They can make a version of her that is slightly different from the others. If you aren't a fan there are plenty of other statues of her out there.
You wouldn't by any chance be on the PCS payroll?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 07:25 AM   #52
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

No I just don't see what the big deal is. Most of her art and statues look like pinups you see in a hot topic or something. There's nothing particularly noteworthy to me. Her anatomy seems fine outside of the specific picture he had posted earlier. No googly eyes possible since she has no iris. I had more fault with the dogs on her base as they looked a little boring. She still has big tits, and an hourglass figure with a noticeably small waist. Her legs are short but still look fairly meaty. Her face looks fine. When it comes to PCS I tend to have bigger issue with flat paint apps and being extremely overpriced. The sculpt looks fine to me here. The Sideshow Lady Death of her sitting down looks absolutely atrocious and I question the taste of anyone who likes it.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 07:58 AM   #53
Asgard
Deadman

I haven't seen a photo of the side yet except for the render. I still think that the lens is to blame for the short legs.

It looks fine to me
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 09:13 AM   #54
iceprince_x
Deadman

Will PCS tackle Witchblade and Shi? They are hitting the 90s bad girls comic
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 09:07 AM   #55
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
PCS just posted a front view of LD. The lower mid portion of her legs are definitely too short. Just looks way off. It’s 1 head too short as I stated previously. They should redo this completely.

This is what they should had based the proportions on. Clearly she needs better curves, smaller head and longer legs. Big disappointment.

I think her legs look good, but I hate that puffy hair in the front, wish they would offer a alternate head with a more flat hairdo, if they do, I'll buy it, if not I'll pass
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 09:20 AM   #56
ukshaun
Hercules

Ant Adams of PCS did state in a recent interview with a member of Sideshow Collectibles,
that he covers a lot of roles at PCS, to keep costs down. I get the impression with new PCS,
they obtain a license, find a 3D artist, and Ant offers some form of brief. Depending on what
the 3D artist comes up with, Ant might make suggestions with regards to what is possible,
taken into account budget etc. In short, PCS do not not have someone like David Igo
onboard to take statues to the next level, as PCS probably do not output enough product to
warrant someone for that job role. I could be incorrect in thinking this?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 07:26 PM   #57
Atlantisatdawn

I'll say it again, give me a alternate head based off the comic art VS1976 posted and you got something cool, I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way
Old 10-26-2021, 08:16 PM   #58
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

not a fan of the hair they have it on the promo, but i do like the hair on the art cover.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 08:26 PM   #59
Atlantisatdawn

I'm not sure if PCS does alternate heads? But they should strongly consider it, I wont buy it with that portrait, I believe most all statues should include alternate heads, its usually the most important part to me and having a choice is a great option
Old 10-26-2021, 08:56 PM   #60
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

She looks dumpy... Like, Lady Death is thick. But she's meant to be athletic thick. The top half of this looks fine... but that bottom? yeesh.
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote