Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-29-2018, 03:34 PM   #1
leplant
Deadman

Prop 65 warning?

Is the prop 65 warning on Sideshow products new? If this has been discussed I apologize
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:40 PM   #2
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Almost everything is required to have label that says it will kill you in California, I think they way overdid it, and actually made it less effective and more of a joke.

That said, those statues do have strong smells especially factory fresh new releases, definitely not a good idea to breath all that in on a regular basis. I am sure you all smelled it, that’s why I let it air out in the basement for a week on any new ones after opening, before bringing them to my display in the living room.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:44 PM   #3
leplant
Deadman

Yes they're stinkers when they arrive, but I figured the outgasing was fairly short lived. Would hate to think I'm unnecessarily creating a hazard. I agree California is way over the top on these issues, but now I wouldn't mind knowing how long my statues are emitting toxic chemicles.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:08 PM   #4
built2shred
Phoenix

It's like that new car smell, it's also caused by toxic chemicals used in the plastics in the car.

I know the NordicTrack machine I got stunk for like 2 weeks before the smell finally went away. Even then after exercising on it for an hour or so my hands smell like the toxic chemicals from holding onto the plastic handles of the machine. after 10 mins or so the smell finally goes away (washing my hands with soap won't get rid of it).

So it does make you wonder how dangerous this stuff is...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:31 PM   #5
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I think it’s bit more serious than new car or treadmill, those are plastic smells and all have more strict specifications. While statue is paint which is much more toxic, especially there is zero regulation in those Chinese factories, I am sure they use the cheapest stuff they can find that is non-lead based (I hope).

Don’t want to overblown the issue, I would just let it air out for a while before bringing it to area where you or family regularly come in contact with. For the old stuff it should be ok.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:37 PM   #6
French Cancan
Deadman

Julia, Emily, Ava, Theodore. Lady Deadpool out of the box. July 2018.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:55 PM   #7
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Almost everything is required to have label that says it will kill you in California, I think they way overdid it, and actually made it less effective and more of a joke.

That said, those statues do have strong smells especially factory fresh new releases, definitely not a good idea to breath all that in on a regular basis. I am sure you all smelled it, that’s why I let it air out in the basement for a week on any new ones after opening, before bringing them to my display in the living room.
agree 100%... up next here in Cali, new labels on your shower "Warning: Water may cause drowning"
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:58 PM   #8
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I basically ignore every warning label that includes "known to the state of California."
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:58 PM   #9
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
agree 100%... up next here in Cali, new labels on your shower "Warning: Water may cause drowning"
May need that all over the country, what with all the idiots that reside here.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:05 PM   #10
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I got a bug from a friend that on the bottoms it says "Warning: for best results use other side". I ---- you not!
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote