Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 09-07-2020, 11:25 PM   #21
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Did you use the "summon a friend" for missions?
No, I basically just played straight through.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 06:37 PM   #22
Demona
Martian Manhunter

So should I pick this up now, or wait when XBox has a special? I bet I could wait til Christmas, but it’s damn tempting.

Is it as much fun as Ultimate Alliance was?
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 10:23 PM   #23
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
So should I pick this up now, or wait when XBox has a special? I bet I could wait til Christmas, but it’s damn tempting.

Is it as much fun as Ultimate Alliance was?
Here's my spoiler free review since I've played through all of the story and most of the other missions.

Marvel's Avengers has a good story, decent game play and a excellent voice cast, but it also has a great many faults.

While the story is compelling and new, it feels short and almost as if it was tacked onto what the games original mechanic was, a multiplayer beat'em up with cosmetic transactions. Also while the side, multiplayer if you want to, missions tie into the story they really don't progress it. If you want to unlock the huge amount of costumes and emotes for each character without spending even more money be prepared to grind out the same missions over and over again as there really isn't that much content to go through, at least not until the free DLC starts dropping in small bits in October.

I also found that the Avengers I most wanted to play as were barely in the main story campaign and if I wanted to use them I was forced to play the side missions once they were unlocked. Especially when you want to use their best power sets which have to be unlocked through an RPG like point leveling system. The one good thing about the game play is that there are plenty of chances, and enemies, to test each Avenger out on, and their moves and powers are all fitting and fun to use. Slamming into a giant bot with the Hulk or tossing Thor's hammer feels good.

There's also still a good amount of bugs in the game even after patching.

All the Characters are voiced by great talent and are in a good story. However, that story feels like the first part in something that should have been larger in scope. Marvel's Avengers is a $40 game trapped in a $60 box and even with the free DLC dropping I don't know if it will add to the story enough to change that.

All in all Avengers has a story you'll want more of, characters that are likeable and game play that is fun, but it's also has repetative missions and is so short and wanting for further development. I hope Square learns from this game and gives us another Avengers game that is huge in story and scope that this game begs to have had. I also hope they take Kamala Khan and give her own game as she is easily one of the most fun and boisterous characters in the game. I think a PG rated action adventure game with her as the star is begging to be made.

Marvel's Avengers creaks into a 7/10 but only because of story, voice cast and how the Avengers play. I was tempted to lower it to a 6 because of the limited missions and how short the main campaign is.
Old 09-10-2020, 09:02 AM   #24
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This game is a blast and playing it with friends makes it even better. The story was good and there is a lot more to come because they will be adding things (new characters and stories) all the time. I personally liked Black Widow the best and also used Cap, Thor, and Ms. Marvel. Nobody I knew picked Hulk or Iron Man. The bugs are quickly getting patches so it's only improving more and more. I definitely recommend this game. I'm at work right now and all I'm thinking is how I want to go home and play it lol.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 10:35 AM   #25
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Thank you both for your thoughts on the game. Since I don't have anybody else who would want to play, or currently owns the game, I think I can wait to see if there is a holiday sale. This will give Square time to patch more bugs AND the DLC to all be there.

And I love Kamala Khan. She would be an amazing character to bring into the MCU. She's everything comic fans have in terms of personality and her powers are cool
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 03:58 AM   #26
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Thank you both for your thoughts on the game. Since I don't have anybody else who would want to play, or currently owns the game, I think I can wait to see if there is a holiday sale. This will give Square time to patch more bugs AND the DLC to all be there.

And I love Kamala Khan. She would be an amazing character to bring into the MCU. She's everything comic fans have in terms of personality and her powers are cool
Well when you get it I hope you enjoy it. One other positive if you do purchase it on Xbox is that they are using Smart Delivery, so if you upgrade to the new Xbox Series X it will give you that version of the game free.
Old 09-30-2020, 04:39 PM   #27
Augen
The Hulk

I have to eat a bit of crow.

I just got this game and having a lot of fun. I really like playing with friends. Black Widow is my character to play as, they like Captain America, Hulk, and Thor to balance us out.

Beat the initial story, been doing post game missions to level up and unlock gear and all. I'm excited to see possibilities of future characters and I wish there was a Justice League type game in this vien.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:18 AM   #28
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I have to eat a bit of crow.

I just got this game and having a lot of fun. I really like playing with friends. Black Widow is my character to play as, they like Captain America, Hulk, and Thor to balance us out.

Beat the initial story, been doing post game missions to level up and unlock gear and all. I'm excited to see possibilities of future characters and I wish there was a Justice League type game in this vien.
I love using Thor and Cap. I honestly believe the combat mechanics could be used to make a very good single player experience for each of the 6 main characters in solo games.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:11 AM   #29
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I use Black Widow as my main as well then Cap and then Thor.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:24 AM   #30
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
I use Black Widow as my main as well then Cap and then Thor.
My strategy with her is stun, takedown, build specials, and use them. I also like her ranged and grapple moves to deal with those pesky warping enemies.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote