Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-20-2021, 11:02 AM   #421
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodasan View Post
Trying to resist answering a question with a question but I did want to ask if anyone has received an order from specfiction yet - ?
My understanding is that if you went with economy shipping, they'll be arriving in September.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 11:41 AM   #422
pdenham
Teen Titans

I got mine from Spec, but had to go with express, because any delivery in mid-late September was going to be a problem for me.

Todd told me economy should be September, before the end of the month.

I don't know if that was accounting for the current port/ container/ trans-Pacific delays or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW5 View Post
Has anyone received a statue yet with any broken or chipped pieces?
I'm not on most social media other than a couple message boards. I've haven't seen much talk about this in general- other than my long-winded posts.

If you check out Gem Mint's video though, you'll notice his shipper and art box look to have taken a serious beating. Far more bashed up than mine was.
He didn't have any issues, despite most of the smaller, more delicate pieces being arrayed around the perimeter of the top layer.

Thor's hair seems to be something other than hard resin - PVC maybe? There is thankfully some give those tendrils.
Everything else seems solid.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 11:59 AM   #423
pdenham
Teen Titans

I got a pack of strip LEDs from Amazon and attached them to some strips of black foam core I had laying around.
The foam core looks a bit ghetto at the moment, but was more for proof of concept.

I like the way it looks, so I'm going to order another set, and fashion something nicer out of wood, and then stain it to match the top of the cabinet.

The 6' of LEDs were only $7, and I barely used 2' of them.

I bought them for the pink and blue- but my favorite color turned out to be orange, which goes with the tea light I have under the small Rocketeer on the speaker.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ligh long 2.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	219.7 KB
ID:	142224   Click image for larger version

Name:	light purple.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	142225  
Old 08-20-2021, 12:07 PM   #424
BMW5
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I got mine from Spec, but had to go with express, because any delivery in mid-late September was going to be a problem for me.

Todd told me economy should be September, before the end of the month.

I don't know if that was accounting for the current port/ container/ trans-Pacific delays or not.

I'm not on most social media other than a couple message boards. I've haven't seen much talk about this in general- other than my long-winded posts.

If you check out Gem Mint's video though, you'll notice his shipper and art box look to have taken a serious beating. Far more bashed up than mine was.
He didn't have any issues, despite most of the smaller, more delicate pieces being arrayed around the perimeter of the top layer.

Thor's hair seems to be something other than hard resin - PVC maybe? There is thankfully some give those tendrils.
Everything else seems solid.
Thanks for your response. Cheers!
BMW5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 01:04 AM   #425
azurepred
Zot

got mine from statuedepot already via express (they didn't even give me economy option). Box is a lot bigger than pics made it look. Hoping to open it this weekend.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 01:57 AM   #426
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
got mine from statuedepot already via express (they didn't even give me economy option). Box is a lot bigger than pics made it look. Hoping to open it this weekend.
Jealous! I think mine’s about a month off.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 03:30 PM   #427
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Love this scale, but I can't handle any more boxes this big. At least, beyond what i already have coming.

Thank the maker I'm not a Magneto fanatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post

You opted for Thor after all? Or were you thinking of something else?
Old 08-21-2021, 03:32 PM   #428
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Are you talking about this Thor or the 1/4 scale Deadpool? I didn't think you had enough space (unless you were selling that 1/3 Affleck Batman for this?).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 03:38 PM   #429
cf79
Frackin!

This is a special piece. I’m anxiously awaiting September. My XM Thor Destroyer statue came with chipped hair (Todd had it replaced) and a broken boot strap so it’s nice to know the hair on this one isn’t as flimsy. I didn’t think anyone would outdo that statue but XM literally outdid themselves with this one.
cf79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 03:40 PM   #430
cf79
Frackin!

Man if they ever did a museum of Beta Ray Bill to go next to this my heart would asplode!
cf79 is offline   Reply With Quote