Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-21-2021, 03:52 PM   #431
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Are you talking about this Thor or the 1/4 scale Deadpool? I didn't think you had enough space (unless you were selling that 1/3 Affleck Batman for this?).
I kept Batfleck but sold my Arkham Harley. Thor will take her spot.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 08:22 PM   #432
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I kept Batfleck but sold my Arkham Harley. Thor will take her spot.
Congrats! Thor looks amazing and the Affleck is a piece you want to keep due to its popularity.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 12:53 AM   #433
azurepred
Zot

Just unboxed this beast today. Holy crap the details are insane. Base is probably the third heaviest I have ever come across. I do wish this came with a fabric cape extra just do to being so huge and heavy. It was easier to put the cape on first, then put him on the base, which was difficult because I have him kinda high.

I do have some paint issues on one of the helmet wings and the clean head, but I'm trying to get replacements for those. The paint apps are great overall, but not perfect. Only nit pick with the paint is I wish the weapons had more of a alclad finish. I think all 3 heads are great. I thought the bearded extra head would've looked bad in person, but I like it. Going helmet beard for now though. This thing is definitely a show stopper as a Marvel statue. I'm not sure I can think of a licensed Marvel statue with more presence. The base is bananas. I do wish it was 1/4 though to save space.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 02:53 AM   #434
pdenham
Teen Titans

Sorry to hear about the paint issues. Hopefully your retailer can address those for you.

Eventually I'll get the cape on mine, but I'm honestly digging the way he looks without it for now.

I picked up some red fabric and will give that a go at some point. As much because I want to replicate those Kirby swoops over the shoulders as anything else.
Keeping the weight down would be a nice bonus.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 10:37 AM   #435
The Merovingian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Just unboxed this beast today. Holy crap the details are insane. Base is probably the third heaviest I have ever come across. I do wish this came with a fabric cape extra just do to being so huge and heavy. It was easier to put the cape on first, then put him on the base, which was difficult because I have him kinda high.

I do have some paint issues on one of the helmet wings and the clean head, but I'm trying to get replacements for those. The paint apps are great overall, but not perfect. Only nit pick with the paint is I wish the weapons had more of a alclad finish. I think all 3 heads are great. I thought the bearded extra head would've looked bad in person, but I like it. Going helmet beard for now though. This thing is definitely a show stopper as a Marvel statue. I'm not sure I can think of a licensed Marvel statue with more presence. The base is bananas. I do wish it was 1/4 though to save space.
Big Congrats on receiving your statue! Sorry about the paint issues.
The Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 12:15 PM   #436
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
This thing is definitely a show stopper as a Marvel statue. I'm not sure I can think of a licensed Marvel statue with more presence. The base is bananas. I do wish it was 1/4 though to save space.
If it was 1/4, it wouldn't have the same level of impact in regards to how you're describing it there. It just wouldn't.

I get that there are people who want 1/4 statues because that results in them being able to have more and if that's what people want, that's fine. I get it. But by and large, 5 1/3 statues are going to be more impressive than 10 1/4 statues. Just the way it is.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 08:36 PM   #437
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Sorry to hear about the paint issues. Hopefully your retailer can address those for you.

Eventually I'll get the cape on mine, but I'm honestly digging the way he looks without it for now.

I picked up some red fabric and will give that a go at some point. As much because I want to replicate those Kirby swoops over the shoulders as anything else.
Keeping the weight down would be a nice bonus.
thanks, yep, this guy is heavy enough without the cape. When I saw the size of the cape, I cursed at myself lol. Have to be really careful installing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Merovingian View Post
Big Congrats on receiving your statue! Sorry about the paint issues.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
If it was 1/4, it wouldn't have the same level of impact in regards to how you're describing it there. It just wouldn't.

I get that there are people who want 1/4 statues because that results in them being able to have more and if that's what people want, that's fine. I get it. But by and large, 5 1/3 statues are going to be more impressive than 10 1/4 statues. Just the way it is.
perhaps. The OG Sideshow is still dubbed 1/4, but is definitely on the larger spectrum. If that one didn't have pajamas, I think I would've opted for that one from a price perspective over this. Imo, this Thor is better displayed alone. It's a centerpiece type statue for sure. I can't stress how amazing the base is.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 11:56 AM   #438
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

It’s not the size of statue that is impressive it’s how they are displayed . I’ve seen 1/3 collections that blow big time so saying 1/3 is more impressive than 1/4 is laughable as is reselling them . Good luck with shipping

1/3 is a centrepiece type statue to showcase someone’s fav characters imo
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 01:54 PM   #439
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Obviously people are going to have differing opinions on collections because you may or may not like the specific characters/statues they've chosen for their particular collections. But those things being equal, yes. 1/3 is obviously more impressive than 1/4. It's not even close really.

And I understand that some people are lazier than others so when it comes to having to do things like shipping 1/3 statues because they want to sell them, sure that may not be something they're interested in doing. I get it. But I don't have that problem. If I buy a 1/3 statue and unbox it, then I'm not going to have any issues with boxing it back up if I want to sell it. And there will always be someone out there willing to pay the price, especially in an instance of dealing with someone like me who isn't obsessed with trying to get just as much, if not more than what I paid for it. I'll never have issues selling anything because I don't NEED to get 100% back of what I paid for it. I know that's the way a lot of people here view this hobby but it's just not me, which is probably why I have a lot less angst over it than many here do. It's a short term enjoyment hobby for me and when I'm done with them, I'm done and I move on. It's not a big deal.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 02:46 PM   #440
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Congrats to those getting him. Thor was always my favorite to see of this 1/3 line. Just loved the base and the clean look of this piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
It’s not the size of statue that is impressive it’s how they are displayed . I’ve seen 1/3 collections that blow big time so saying 1/3 is more impressive than 1/4 is laughable as is reselling them . Good luck with shipping

1/3 is a centrepiece type statue to showcase someone’s fav characters imo
I very much agree with this. I don't have the space or means to have an entire collection of 1/3 characters that I just “like” BUT if a definitive, beautifully done 1/3 Storm with the clean look and base like Thor was made I would snatch it up. I wouldn't do it for every character though.

I would think the XM should think about making an Iron Man in his most popular suit for this line. I could also see a SpiderMan selling well. Original suit Storm and I'd be on it because that is her most classic and undisputedly beautiful look.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote