Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 09-14-2021, 03:46 AM   #21
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
so many awesome characters and designs, two-bad and battlecat probably would have rounded out my top 5
If i remember correct. I played the most with;
Clawfull
Jitsu
Mantenna
Whiplash

Was big fan of Trap Jaw, but his legs where to loose or bend, he would not easily stand.
Spikor was nice design too, looked pretty evil back then.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:53 AM   #22
martineaumichae
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
My Top 3 picks would be:

The Sorceress

and

Man-At-Arms

(to complete my main roster)

and

Scareglow

(since the latter has already been mentioned and is probably going to be released, I would add...)

Mantenna!!
Where was Scareglow mentioned? I was at Power-Con and talked with IGO for a couple hours over the 2 days and didnt get any hint for that one.
martineaumichae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:00 AM   #23
martineaumichae
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Putting aside the already confirmed He-Man, She-Ra, Sorceress, Trap Jaw, and Beast Man...
Did they Specifically confirm He-Man, She-Ra and Sorceress?

I mean they already showed Mer-Man, Trap, Jaw, Beast Man, a 1/6th He-Man on Battle Cat and a He-Man Bust. When I was talking to Igo he basically said there was one more that wasn't announced yet(On saturday which ended up being Beast Man because they didn't have a print of him yet and announced and showed him on Sunday during the panel) and that they wanted to do an unannounced bust, which was He-Man, and another Variant, before getting into any previous Sideshow ones... that Many statues already should take us well though 2023.
martineaumichae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:53 AM   #24
Acolyte
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by martineaumichae View Post
Where was Scareglow mentioned? I was at Power-Con and talked with IGO for a couple hours over the 2 days and didnt get any hint for that one.
Oh, I can´t remember, to be honest. Maybe he was talked about in the forums and I got it mixed up.

If he hasn´t been confirmed yet, I´m going to put him on my wishlist.
Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:53 PM   #25
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by martineaumichae View Post
Did they Specifically confirm He-Man, She-Ra and Sorceress?
He has said that TH will do a He-Man, but not sure when because they would like to get some fresh characters first. Skeletor is also another possible revisit, but again not right away.

She-Ra is license dependent, but Chad loves her. And Igo does too. The issue is she is PoP. Not MOTU. However, there is more grey area with her and she is Adam's known sister and there is precedent of her being done in other company's (PCS, Sideshow) MOTU licenses. If we get anybody from PoP (other than Hordak), it will be her.

Sorceress has not been confirmed or hinted at. She better be on the damn radar though - and soon!!!
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:59 PM   #26
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

She-Ra has already been done twice in Mattel Origins and has an upcoming Mondo figure plus TH themselves just released a Filmation Hordak so she doesn't seem to be in any way separate from any other character under Mattel's MOTU/POP brand.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:38 PM   #27
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
He has said that TH will do a He-Man, but not sure when because they would like to get some fresh characters first. Skeletor is also another possible revisit, but again not right away.

She-Ra is license dependent, but Chad loves her. And Igo does too. The issue is she is PoP. Not MOTU. However, there is more grey area with her and she is Adam's known sister and there is precedent of her being done in other company's (PCS, Sideshow) MOTU licenses. If we get anybody from PoP (other than Hordak), it will be her.

Sorceress has not been confirmed or hinted at. She better be on the damn radar though - and soon!!!
Via FB within the past few months, 2.0 versions of He-man, Skeletor, and She-Ra have been heavily mentioned.

Hordak and the Horde were MOTU first, so we'll probably get more of those. Well, the core ones- Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Modulok, etc. Ones created for POP like Weaver and Catra might not happen because of the license thing.

Sorceress is one Chad loves and heavily hinted towards... but I can't remember where in the timeline of hints this was. I want to say it was similar to the level of Scareglow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
She-Ra has already been done twice in Mattel Origins and has an upcoming Mondo figure plus TH themselves just released a Filmation Hordak so she doesn't seem to be in any way separate from any other character under Mattel's MOTU/POP brand.
Correct

Hordak is shared between the two licenses and there seems to be a lot more flexibility with him.

She-Ra herself does get some decent flexibility in being included within MOTU.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 03:06 PM   #28
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
Hordak has been the odd ball because he has always been known as Skeletor's boss. That being said, both Chad and Igo stated She-Ra is a difference license and they were talking with the holder of that. So while she has may appear to be the same, she is actually quite separate.

Listen, I want She-Ra more than anybody here (come at me Northern ) - so I hope they get the big thumbs up!
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 03:38 PM   #29
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Hordak has been the odd ball because he has always been known as Skeletor's boss. That being said, both Chad and Igo stated She-Ra is a difference license and they were talking with the holder of that. So while she has may appear to be the same, she is actually quite separate.

Listen, I want She-Ra more than anybody here (come at me Northern ) - so I hope they get the big thumbs up!
I guess my point is that since every single MOTU toy or collectible line of the last 10 years (MOTU Classics, PCS statues, Sideshow Maquettes, Origins, Masterverse, Mondo, Mega Construx and Super7) have all included She-Ra that it doesn't seem like she's a very hard character to add to any existing line-up from a legal standpoint.

And the fact that even Tweeterhead has already released their own version of Princess of Power Hordak (as opposed to sticking only to the MOTU toy coloration) seems to speak to this further.

Obviously I don't speak with authority on the business side of the license, just stating observations.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 04:44 PM   #30
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
Do you mean a second version of Orko? I´m asking because there already is one done by Tweeterhead for this line.
I myself would love another Orko..I was out of collecting when the new Masters stuff came out. That’s also why I can’t wait for a new He-man and Skeletor too.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote