Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 10-13-2021, 02:27 PM   #11
ukshaun
Hercules

Black horns, Red horns, White horns..
..which work best?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 02:55 PM   #12
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Black horns, Red horns, White horns..
..which work best?
A shiny black

PCS could make them interchangeable
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 08:51 PM   #13
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

ukshaun, While I do think your art by Michael Turner is awesome, I know there has already been a smaller scale statue done based off this art, I still remember seeing Purgatori in the 90's and I still believe my examples are quintessential Purgatori and neither cover has been done, while I doubt they would do the one with the chair (which is a top 5 dream piece for me), I do believe the other one would be a perfect choice, The Vampire Myth comic was a really great set of her comics, cannot wait to see what they choose, I sold my sideshow Purgatori after the wings fell off and broke, sideshow did a horrible job with the magnet on her wings, and they told me too much time had passed for them to help me, I think sideshows piece was great, except her horns were too big and fat and she had elf ears, other than that it looked good, hope this one looks better
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1312225.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	143299  
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 02:58 AM   #14
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
ukshaun, While I do think your art by Michael Turner is awesome, I know there has already been a smaller scale statue done based off this art, I still remember seeing Purgatori in the 90's and I still believe my examples are quintessential Purgatori and neither cover has been done, while I doubt they would do the one with the chair (which is a top 5 dream piece for me), I do believe the other one would be a perfect choice, The Vampire Myth comic was a really great set of her comics, cannot wait to see what they choose, I sold my sideshow Purgatori after the wings fell off and broke, sideshow did a horrible job with the magnet on her wings, and they told me too much time had passed for them to help me, I think sideshows piece was great, except her horns were too big and fat and she had elf ears, other than that it looked good, hope this one looks better
I just searched on ebay, and there appears to be atleast 5x Purgatori PF's from Sideshow Collectibles
I see what you mean, the horns do appear to look on the thick side (maybe to stop breakage?).
The Sideshow piece looks ok. I think Will Harbottle could improve on it quite a bit.

When it comes to horn color, i think i prefer white. Black black horns get lost against black hair.
Red horns look ok. White horns stand out.
Old 10-14-2021, 09:58 AM   #15
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I agree with you on the horns, to much black will get lost, and yeah Harbottle doing her would be awesome! I'm definitely gonna give PCS a chance for her and Dejah
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 11:53 AM   #16
ukshaun
Hercules

LOADING: Image(s)

Purgatori first look!
Old 12-15-2021, 11:56 AM   #17
ukshaun
Hercules

I like what PCS have done with Purgatori herself. Looks better than both Lady Death and Vampirella

Not sure what to make of the base concept..
The railings work well, if a little on the neat (just installed) side. Breaks and bends (aged) would work wonders!
The base seems way more taller than need be. Maybe they should chop an inch or 2 inches off of the bottom.

Also, as silly as it may sound, i find the skeleton concept disrespectful. I do not have an issue with skulls on bases. A whole upper body just seems so..
Maybe they should stick with the railing, tombstone, bones in the dirt, possibly a skull. A whole upper (skeleton) body puts me off looking at this.

Another thing, the horns, they look textured. Smooth would be better. The texture may be the result of rendering?
Old 12-15-2021, 12:13 PM   #18
ukshaun
Hercules

I made the base shorter using Photoshop
It might help with stability, as this piece looks wide with those wings.

The shorter base looks less.. Muffin

Old 12-15-2021, 12:34 PM   #19
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Looking at the horns and bangs in the renders they clearly went this route.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 01:07 PM   #20
Asgard
Deadman

I don't like the concept.
Looks like she just had lustful sex with the skeleton. (Or the skeleton is what's left of the guy.)
The face reminds me of the sideshow Vampirella sitting on the skull. Only that the Vampirella Ex head looks better.

I would remove the skeleton and have the head look forward. With a mischievous grin.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote