Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-08-2021, 04:57 PM   #11
SONICobra
Batman

i already cashed out with the doom maquette

for you the solution seems easy (to me at least) - BATMAN WHO LAUPHS

- fits your display / collection
- different from anything else you already have
- visually the most interesting statue you listed (imo)

as far as where i would put it i would either
- move harley in with ivy and put BWL next to the joker as two sides of the same coin
- move robin in with catwoman as they are both allies (at least at times for CW) and important people to bruce
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:59 PM   #12
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
'decent code drop event with NYCC'

Really? what was the total maximum count?
I amassed $0
$54 I think, if you didn't win trivia or any of the lotteries. I ended up with $74.
Bill Lehecka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:59 PM   #13
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post
Figure since we're close to Spooktacular and we just had a decent code drop event with NYCC, coupled with the fact that most of our accumulated points are expiring by the end of the year due to the new policy, we're at the point where we're seriously considering the age old statement "use it (RPs) or lose it."

I have $646.25 in points. In all honesty, I can get a PF for free plus shipping and tax on that shipping cost. With Spooktacular, I sense that number is going to touch $700.

In my next post I'll go through my dilemma, but I figure I'll ask the question generally since I don't think I'm the only one in the same boat: What are you splurging your expiring points on before December 31st, 2021?
I'm definitely in your same boat, I have close to $750 in RPs but nothing I truly love. Symbiote Spidey leads the way but isn't really what I collect. I don't care for the dioramas they have available though Spiderman vs venom is passable... I'll get something, but it looks like it'll be a last moment decision.
They have a few other items to, but nothing I would really buy if my RPs weren't expiring.

I third what has been said for BWL for you. I think it'll fit in great with that wonderful rogue collection!!
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 05:00 PM   #14
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Klauth the Red Dragon Open Wing Version from PCS.

When I got a notification my waitlist converted I was shocked. I was only it for well over a year and it only has an edition size of 50
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 05:00 PM   #15
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
as far as where i would put it i would either
- move harley in with ivy and put BWL next to the joker as two sides of the same coin
- move robin in with catwoman as they are both allies (at least at times for CW) and important people to bruce
Oooh, I like this idea... Especially since Harley and Joker are kinda on a break? Maybe?
Old 10-08-2021, 05:01 PM   #16
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie21 View Post
I'm definitely in your same boat, I have close to $750 in RPs but nothing I truly love. Symbiote Spidey leads the way but isn't really what I collect. I don't care for the dioramas they have available though Spiderman vs venom is passable... I'll get something, but it looks like it'll be a last moment decision.
They have a few other items to, but nothing I would really buy if my RPs weren't expiring.
And this is where they're going to announce all of our most desired pieces in 2022... Because of course they will.
Old 10-08-2021, 05:08 PM   #17
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Yup, I can see it now... Weapon X vs Cyclops or Magneto v Logan, two face and every one else's must have
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 05:11 PM   #18
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

I spent my last amount covering the cost of Pumpkin Witch. Before the deadline, I'll order Red Riding Hood but so far, have only accumulated enough to knock the price in half.

I've done well this NYCC but only because I'm on a work break. Most of Spooktacular will likely be missed. Bit tricky for me to access my phone during work hours.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 05:28 PM   #19
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post
And this is where they're going to announce all of our most desired pieces in 2022... Because of course they will.
just as a heads up points expire one year after they are applied to your account not the end of the year - your points still might all expire if you havent received anything this year but just in case
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 05:29 PM   #20
SDguy

I ended up getting my Harley Hell on Wheels WL to convert so I spent them all on her. I just didn't see anything happening before the year's end that would wow me, and I always liked the Harley piece (it's just not my favorite costume for her, but that portrait more than makes up for it).
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote