Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-07-2011, 05:52 AM   #21
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
this is darn tempting... 2$k isn't that much considering what you get...
tempting tempting tempting

Oh and Jerry, I think the email thing was one of the fairest ways for the black Chun Li. It truly was a lottery and even though I'd be disappointed if I didn't get one, I'd never take it out on you. Just would have been though luck.
People complaining about it; better luck next time
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:13 AM   #22
Quest99
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Along with the original base, They get a different base that interlocks together for a original way to display?

Maybe something like this from the top view?

Just brainstorming.
Quest99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:16 AM   #23
firefly76
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Most are acting as if Chun Li AP's were not going to exist. after the 75 would have received their statue, a collector would post pic of their AP black Chun Li. He would then receive many congrats from all of us saying nice addition.

So why are we so worried about 10 statues that would exist anyway.
firefly76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:45 AM   #24
TheSFToySpirit
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Wow an AP set with the 3 Chun's in a special packaging, that's damn tempting!!

Unfortunately I can't afford a such price, I already have to take both versions in flexpay on Sideshow

Oh well, I already won a PCSC Ex so I can be happy anyway!..
TheSFToySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #25
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
that would be nice...giving opportunity for the people who couldn't score one.

I bet the 75 who got a black would try to get the AP as well and sell the black one on eBay.

anyhow, it doesn't matter anymore...
If you have a black one in the kitty and you buy this package, then you have to give up your black to someone on the waitlist.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #26
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACHINEMAN View Post
At what price to try to get a black version? This is exactly the reason why I may just stop this statue collectiing. The people who really would appreciate this stuff getting shut out.
This is the wrong attitude to have. You knew there were 75, you knew your chances were 50/50 at best. Just roll with it and stop the threats of not collecting.

Money talks if you want it that bad then buy it from someone. $330 is not cheap already, if you really wanted it save an extra $500 and buy it from someone for $800 or $900 when it comes out. If you want it that bad then skip a few statues, save the money and get the black.

I want the red the most so if I have to work and miss out, do you think I'm going to let that keep me from it. No....

I don't know about you guys but all statues are not equal to me. I don't want them all the same. Chun Li, Cheetara, Spider-Woman, Storm and She-Hulk I can't live without. So I will do what is necessary to get it. I want Rogue, Psylocke and others but I can live without and I would not pay a mint if I missed out, nor would I threaten to quit collecting. You have to have priorities, none of us have the money to get everything.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #27
Spazzy
Hercules

Wow alot of angst for something that is the exact same statues but with a different number...actually should say letter in front of number...no thanks I am happy with my 2 blues I will be getting.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #28
AstroWho
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumalove View Post
I don't think that there will be many flippers selling the black Version Chun-Li, 38 people from this forum got one and I bet the other 37 went to collectors too.

Concerning the AP ChunSet I think it's a good idea. I would buy it if I had the money. Also Jerry is fair and would delete the numbered version you have won if you get the set and another collector on the waitlist can get that one.

Although I will be jealous with the 10 people that get the set (like it is with the 2 people that got the Bison prototypes) I am still happy to have the black version.

I don't think flippers made the line popular, I don't see a lot of Akuma's or Ryu's on Ebay, because it is hard to find people that want to sell theirs.

After all every release of the SF line has something special

Christina
Jerry wouldn't cancel the orders of the 10 people that got one of the Black Chun Li's if they're getting the Artist Proofs.
He already said - Maybe a few might then cancel their orders for the Black Chun Li?
It would have to be by their own decision. Not by him.
In all honesty, I don't see anyone that gets the Artist Proof Set canceling their orders for a Regular Black Chun Li.
First - Why would they? You'd be giving up a possible $1000.00 Figure.
Second - Jerry has said that the Base's & Boxes would most likely be Completely Different.
That alone makes it like another Variant.
Third - Most of the people that I've come across or read about here that have an Artist Proof Edition have never felt the need to get rid of their Regular Statue, just because they have the Artist Proof Edition of it already?
If you had an Artist Proof Shin Akuma, would you get rid of the Regular JUST cause you already had an Artist Proof of it?
People can say all day long......If I had the Artist Proof, I would cancel the regular one so that my fellow collector can have a chance at one. But how believable is that really?
AstroWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:09 PM   #29
TheSFToySpirit
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I agree with AstroWho!..

Getting both AP and regular version of one statue is the best, if we can afford this!..
TheSFToySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:19 PM   #30
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroWho View Post
Jerry wouldn't cancel the orders of the 10 people that got one of the Black Chun Li's if they're getting the Artist Proofs.
He already said - Maybe a few might then cancel their orders for the Black Chun Li?
It would have to be by their own decision. Not by him.
In all honesty, I don't see anyone that gets the Artist Proof Set canceling their orders for a Regular Black Chun Li.
First - Why would they? You'd be giving up a possible $1000.00 Figure.
Second - Jerry has said that the Base's & Boxes would most likely be Completely Different.
That alone makes it like another Variant.
Third - Most of the people that I've come across or read about here that have an Artist Proof Edition have never felt the need to get rid of their Regular Statue, just because they have the Artist Proof Edition of it already?
If you had an Artist Proof Shin Akuma, would you get rid of the Regular JUST cause you already had an Artist Proof of it?
People can say all day long......If I had the Artist Proof, I would cancel the regular one so that my fellow collector can have a chance at one. But how believable is that really?
I don't think Jerry has finalized anything yet.