Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 08-08-2020, 01:20 PM   #721
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I'm surprised they haven't released another Superman yet. The first one was 1 of their early figures and only available in Brazil I believe before they expanded to the US. When I first started collecting IS I looked far and wide through dozens of search pages on google to try and find one and I couldn't. I think I only saw 1 on ebay one time for like $300. I decided to pass. Would be nice if they would re-release some of their original lineup of figures.
I have one lost in my storage unit, when I moved I think someone put his box inside another box, I ended up having to buy another one at the time because I didn't want to go threw my storage unit which not has all my junk but both of my sisters stuff in there also, way to many boxes... But I ended up selling all my 1/10 scale stuff but I know Supes is in that storage unit somewhere, only if I had x-ray vision
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 12:50 AM   #722
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb24 View Post
Question: Are the recent Iron Studios 1/10 pieces hefty and solid or do they feel hollow?

The last piece I got from them was the Justice League Batman on Gargoyle which I thought was a significant downgrade from the BVS Batman they released. The justice league one was disappointing as it's very lightweight and had a much smaller body compared to the hefty BvS version.
I can't speak for their recent DC releases but I have their latest Darth Vader 1/10 and he is heavy.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 03:01 AM   #723
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Wrong thread / deleted post
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 01:29 AM   #724
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I have Doomsday in hand. Will take some photos tomorrow.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 07:35 AM   #725
khrisc
The X-Men

How many Batman rogues have been released so far? Any confirmation if they will make the other characters again to match the new ones?

The new ones so far are only Poison Ivy and Mr Freeze right?
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 08:59 AM   #726
Cygor
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
How many Batman rogues have been released so far? Any confirmation if they will make the other characters again to match the new ones?

The new ones so far are only Poison Ivy and Mr Freeze right?
If i recall correctly there is a Killer Croc on the way
Cygor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 01:03 PM   #727
adee
Green Arrow

I assume by new you guys mean the environment bases but they have done Joker, Catwoman, Harley, Penguin and Bane. They also have the Arkham Riddler and Scarecrow.

I think I saw a new Joker is coming.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:40 AM   #728
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 11:17 AM   #729
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Looks good other than I would have liked a longer “snout” on him to give him more of a crocodile face. Not crazy long like an actual croc but just reminiscent of one.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 03:14 PM   #730
gra007

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb24 View Post
Question: Are the recent Iron Studios 1/10 pieces hefty and solid or do they feel hollow?

The last piece I got from them was the Justice League Batman on Gargoyle which I thought was a significant downgrade from the BVS Batman they released. The justice league one was disappointing as it's very lightweight and had a much smaller body compared to the hefty BvS version.
I don't know about recent ones, but I have the JL Movie Wonder Woman, and the Jim Balent Catwoman, and both feel extremely light weight to me. I know they're not beefy statues, but Batman Black & Whites are the same scale and they have some weight to them, even smaller characters like Robin and Batgirl who might not have a huge cape to add to their bulk.

I don't actually know what they say they're made of, but the two I own feel more like some kind of plastic to me honestly.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote