Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-17-2020, 12:40 PM   #681
built2shred
Phoenix

My X-Men collection so far... Xm Cyclops and XM Colossus will go where Domino is at when I get them and then I'll move her to the next shelf down...

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 02:18 PM   #682
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs1002 View Post
Biggest criticism that I have seen on this piece is that the base feels cheap/plastic...at the same time, the character/portrait look so good that imo it justifies the price.

Can anyone who has this piece comment on the base for me? Thanks
The statue looks a feels quality wise like many other Sideshow PF's, which is good.

The base is slightly different story.
The base looks good. Tap the coins, and the plastic they are made from gives the impression they are hyper thin, which in turn feels cheap.
The black circular are of the base below the coins also looks cheap, when compared to similar bases, which tent to feature a solid quality feeling black circular base.

The slot machine is decent enough. Pick up the base and the whole thing feels very light.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:14 PM   #683
built2shred
Phoenix

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:45 PM   #684
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Dem legs though.....

So shapely (I’m a leg guy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 08:54 PM   #685
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
My X-Men collection so far... Xm Cyclops and XM Colossus will go where Domino is at when I get them and then I'll move her to the next shelf down...

Solid pieces you’ve selected there. Good job.

Wish I would’ve gotten that Dark Phoenix. Storm is #1 to me. Such a great statue.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 10:40 AM   #686
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Solid pieces you’ve selected there. Good job.

Wish I would’ve gotten that Dark Phoenix. Storm is #1 to me. Such a great statue.

My fav is the Dark Phoenix, and that one you have better chances of scoring a deal, Storm not so much. Storm is awesome tho, they are among the best XM pieces.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 12:30 PM   #687
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Just to bring her back to the radar in the Con time...

She is really a beauty and a bargain for the price and quality.
Unfortunately the Ex is waitlist but ... maybe you got luck if you pull the trigger.

punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 04:12 AM   #688
ukshaun
Hercules

Sideshow - Domino EX PF

Took a few new shot's of Sideshow's Domino PF

..and made a short video with them.
Sideshow Collectibles - Domino - 1:4 Statue - Premium Format - Out of the Box Snap-Shots
https://youtu.be/yNA_8qI68Z8
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 12:55 PM   #689
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

What are the odds of the Exclusive of this going up for Pre-Order again? I missed out on Domino, she just wasn't on my radar at the time, but now that I keep seeing in hand pics I really would consider picking her up if the EX went up for Pre-Order again.

I see some statues, like the new Catwoman and Jean Grey going back up for Pre-Order, including their exclusives. But, I never saw if those two actually got to Sold Out / Join Waitlist / Waitlist Full statuses before that. Is it because they're more prominent characters that they wanted to keep them available for longer, or do most statues go through a second run now? I have no idea what the criteria for a second run is, because some statues just seem to sell out and stay that way. It feels like more and more they are making second runs now.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 01:01 PM   #690
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
What are the odds of the Exclusive of this going up for Pre-Order again? I missed out on Domino, she just wasn't on my radar at the time, but now that I keep seeing in hand pics I really would consider picking her up if the EX went up for Pre-Order again.

I see some statues, like the new Catwoman and Jean Grey going back up for Pre-Order, including their exclusives. But, I never saw if those two actually got to Sold Out / Join Waitlist / Waitlist Full statuses before that. Is it because they're more prominent characters that they wanted to keep them available for longer, or do most statues go through a second run now? I have no idea what the criteria for a second run is, because some statues just seem to sell out and stay that way. It feels like more and more they are making second runs now.
I'm in the same boat as you. I want her, but waited too long. Though it's not looking good since her EX says "Waitlist Full."
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote