Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 05-28-2019, 03:31 PM   #351
CJ82
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

-1 Jordan Michael Johnson

Paid upfront several months ago, his first sketch did not follow my instructions. After requesting revisions things went radio silent, I asked for an update a few months later, he said it had shipped out, insured. Nothing arrived. Wrote again, he sent a photo of the artwork covering up what I requested to be changed. Not only was this bizarre to send a covered photo, but implied he lied about it being mailed. I asked for it to be sent out again. No replies to emails or private messages.
Scam artist. Avoid.
CJ82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:50 AM   #352
CJ82

+1 Marcial Toledano Vargas

I got 2 pieces done by Marcial and it was a great experience, he was open to concept, friendly and kept me updated with progress, had both pieces done in a few weeks. Based in Spain so communication was done through online translator and the exchange rate stung, but great experience otherwise and will definitely collaborate again.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:01 AM   #353
Mfinn123
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
+1 Wayne Nichols

Wayne is an Australia based artist that was apleasure to work with. His prices are very reasonable and turnaround time was quick. The art was packaged well and I was pleased with the end result. Would recommend to anyone looking to get a nice, inexpensive commission.
A +1 from me too
Mfinn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:15 AM   #354
statman
Baron Zemo

+1 Andrea DiVito

I had a great commission experience with Andrea and his rep Fred Chamberlain. Both were very responsive and the turnaround time was great.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:03 AM   #355
CJ82

+1 Derec Donovan

Derec was prompt and professional, provided a rough sketch for approval, had the final piece done quickly, though would have been nice to get a scan of the final piece before it mailed out. Good experience, will be happy to do another with him.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:26 AM   #356
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I mean I suppose I can bump this thread even in the time of the 'rona:

Jenny Frison's art dealer @ Cadence Comics - Very quick response, totally professional, and quick shipper. Paul reps some solid artists.

Ken Lashley - +1(00). Couldn't be a cooler guy to listen to/talk to thru social media. And the art he creates is so dynamic and fun. Highly recommend. He does art based on what your price point is, so it never hurts to ask even if you don't want to break the bank.

Chris Uminga - +1. Ordered the headshots through his website. He quickly turned around the order and gave me two great headshots. Also, serious credit for protective packaging on the art.

Terry Dodson - +1. I got one of my grails off my list and I'm honored. Again, I ordered through social media and I am beyond excited to see the art in hand. Prices seem fair and the turn-around time is amazing. To top it off, Terry was so kind and even responded in a personal way to my side comments in my email (re: his cat, the PNW weather). It is my hope I can meet he and Rachel in person some day. I have loved their art since I was 16.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:08 AM   #357
CJ82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I mean I suppose I can bump this thread even in the time of the 'rona:
Thanks for the bump, poor neglected thread! Some recent ones I've got that offered digital, which might be a good option for some folks during 'rona;

+1 Carlos Gomez; Fast, friendly, open to concept. Had everything wrapped up within a week or so from first email.

+1 Mike Anderson; Nice colorful art, dynamic style, was easy to communicate with and had things wrapped up in a few weeks.

+1 Jeffrey Moy; Good experience overall, I felt the final piece could have been a little bit tighter but he was very fast, affordable and friendly.

-1 Giovanni Valletta; paid for a Wolverine pinup last year, communication was fast and good at first, as soon as payment was sent he disappeared, website expired, stopped posting on Instagram. Luckily it wasn't a terribly expensive loss but he's completely disappeared from the internet so no idea what the story is there.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:43 AM   #358
CJ82

+1 Alberto Jiminez Albuquerque; my second commission with Alberto. Went for a digital piece. Similar to my previous experience he was friendly, fast, and keep me up to date with progress. Had everything wrapped in a few weeks.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:43 PM   #359
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Digital piece as in he did it in digital and printed it for you? Or you have just a digital file? I've heard of that going both ways, so I'm curious.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 02:58 PM   #360
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
+1 Andrea DiVito

I had a great commission experience with Andrea and his rep Fred Chamberlain. Both were very responsive and the turnaround time was great.
+1 always a great experience working with Andrea and Fred
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote