Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 07-03-2018, 09:45 AM   #51
FJC
Midnighter

So, it looks like LeBron gave up chasing the GOAT and now is gunning for Kobe. He ditched Cleveland yet again. This time for the Lakers. He must think GOAT means Going On Another Team
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:11 PM   #52
Frankierock
Omega Red

Wow! The Weed in Cleveland must be amazing! Because Lebron clearly has no idea what's going on!? You leave Cleveland for LA who just lost yet again to Golden State, to go to play in the same conference as they do...and your answer to beating them is now Lonzo Ball and an old Rondo? Hahahahahaha.!!! I guess the finals have to much impact on his golf schedule, he now figures why not get ousted in the earlier rounds and get on the links faster this way.. he clearly knows he don't have a chance in the finals, so what the hell...early Vacation bro!!
Or Maybe when Magic called him and said " Hey Lebron we'd make a hell of a team together, so come join LA" he didn't realize Magic Johnson is the GM and no longer a player?!
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:07 AM   #53
Vracula
Jedi Order

Jordan is the GOAT! Kobe is my second fav but the hate James gets is unwarranted. He is an absolute beast and and he has pulled off some superhero BS in some playoffs.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:38 AM   #54
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Jordan is the GOAT! Kobe is my second fav but the hate James gets is unwarranted. He is an absolute beast and and he has pulled off some superhero BS in some playoffs.
I think he'd get a lot more respect if he wasn't jumping ship so much. He took the easy way out to get 2 out of the 3 rings he has.
Old 07-07-2018, 05:37 PM   #55
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I get why Lebron gets some hate, the "broken hand" thing rubbed me the wrong way and I'm a fan lol. Gotta love how some Warriors fans defend the superteam that puts any of Lebron's past teams to shame by saying that Steph, Klay and Draymond were drafted/homegrown. That's true, but then the second(or first) best player in the world joins the team after a record breaking winning season and they still claim they're not buying rings like they claim Lebron did. Now they get another All-Star on top of that...Hypocrisy at it's best! That's my little rant haha.

I am surprised he went to the West though, makes it even more lopsided and really only a two horse race in the East. I hope they don't make a rushed trade to contend this year and get rid of the core, they need to wait a year and get the final pieces they need then.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:41 AM   #56
FJC
Midnighter

I've got no real love for GS but they were champs before KD jumped ship from OKC. The biggest problem I see is a true lack of competition in today's NBA. When you have the same 2 teams in the Finals for 4 years in a row, something's very wrong. Today's star players aren't interested in staying with their teams and competing for a ring. LeBron couldn't win in Cleveland...jump ship to Miami and dominate the East. Bosh has health issues and Wade is getting old/injured...jump ship back to Cleveland. Lose 3 of 4 the last Finals...jump ship to LA and hope Magic can add another superstar to the roster to get over the hump against GS.

KD doesn't get a pass from me either. He leaves a very talented OKC team that couldn't quite beat GS...and jumps ship to the team he can't beat to finally win his rings. It's all become a big joke.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:12 PM   #57
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I hear what you're saying but you have to look at it from all sides. MJ had a great core built around him, with some of the all time great defenders and coach etc. It seemed like the Cavaliers and Gilbert weren't interested in doing the same, they just wanted Lebron to carry them himself in his first stint there. It could've been like a Barry Sanders situation where he might've been the best player on the court/field but never accomplish the ultimate goal which is to win rings. Why do all the past greats and anyone bring up rings to argue their measure of greatness? Jordan does, Shaq does, Kobe does etc. It is unfortunate with the parity of the league nowadays, but it's better to have 4-5 teams that may be able to compete against the Warriors than none(which might be the case sadly), even if it eliminates all the other teams from contention.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:57 PM   #58
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
I hear what you're saying but you have to look at it from all sides. MJ had a great core built around him, with some of the all time great defenders and coach etc. It seemed like the Cavaliers and Gilbert weren't interested in doing the same, they just wanted Lebron to carry them himself in his first stint there. It could've been like a Barry Sanders situation where he might've been the best player on the court/field but never accomplish the ultimate goal which is to win rings. Why do all the past greats and anyone bring up rings to argue their measure of greatness? Jordan does, Shaq does, Kobe does etc. It is unfortunate with the parity of the league nowadays, but it's better to have 4-5 teams that may be able to compete against the Warriors than none(which might be the case sadly), even if it eliminates all the other teams from contention.
The greatest single player to ever lace up high-tops only won two championships.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:53 PM   #59
supermetroid
Teen Titans

^The dream? Could be, but then you'll have the counter that he only won a title because Jordan wasn't playing. It's impossible to tell in team sports because of that but it's interesting to debate. Jordan was fortunate enough to be very talented and be surrounded with talent as well, unlike players like Barry Sanders and Dan Marino who could be argued are the best at their positions.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:13 PM   #60
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
^The dream? Could be, but then you'll have the counter that he only won a title because Jordan wasn't playing. It's impossible to tell in team sports because of that but it's interesting to debate. Jordan was fortunate enough to be very talented and be surrounded with talent as well, unlike players like Barry Sanders and Dan Marino who could be argued are the best at their positions.
While Hakeem is my all time favorite, I was talking about Wilt. Very good guess though.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote