Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 02-09-2006, 10:24 PM   #21
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Since he's doing the concept pieces, he should really do a different pose for AIX instead of ticking off the people who bought the original. Plus two versions mean two sales (not to mention a tidy little jump in value for the original).
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:40 PM   #22
Virsago
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

If they end up as good as Kabuki, I'll get them both.
Virsago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:55 AM   #23
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicbkguy
And the AIX figure won't change in any noticeable fashion, just the base will be different. It was done from a better casting that the original, but it will be very hard to notice the difference.
Yay... a different base. Maybe Moore Studios will offer a rebate to us folks who paid a premium for the original on the statue secondary mkt.

Or at least a discount on the new one!
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:05 AM   #24
acrylic paint
Justice League

Strange calling these statues "artist proofs" when they are going to be original, new sculpts.
acrylic paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:09 AM   #25
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
Why not make a different sculpt cb. I think this will have an effect on the value of the original piece.
Right on, Bulls! Thing is though, re-casting is probably to make a quick buck. Doing a new sculpt would take too long.

Anyway.. attached are a few alternatives.

I like the last one on the right the best.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:09 AM   #26
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

If AIX is going to essentially be the same sculpt, why is he sculpting a new one to show as a prototype? Why not just recast? If he is resculpting, why not do a different pose? This makes absolutely no sense unless they have no confidence in doing anything other than a pose that has already been successful, or are they just trying to p*ss off the collectors who already have the original one and paid a bucketload for it. The whole thing seems like a money grab.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:13 AM   #27
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus
This makes absolutely no sense unless they have no confidence in doing anything other than a pose that has already been successful, or are they just trying to p*ss off the collectors who already have the original one and paid a bucketload for it. The whole thing seems like a money grab.
Settle down, M! It's only a statue. Don't get all worked up over it!
Old 02-10-2006, 02:23 AM   #28
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

i'm just happy i'm not gonna have to spend 500 for on of these weeeeehhh!!! lol j/k guys

Ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:34 AM   #29
comicbkguy
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus
If AIX is going to essentially be the same sculpt, why is he sculpting a new one to show as a prototype? Why not just recast? If he is resculpting, why not do a different pose? This makes absolutely no sense unless they have no confidence in doing anything other than a pose that has already been successful, or are they just trying to p*ss off the collectors who already have the original one and paid a bucketload for it. The whole thing seems like a money grab.
There is no new sculpt. That mock up is a four inch sketch that was done in minutes. It says that pretty clearly in the text.

Also my understanding is that the A.P. edition size is only going to be around 300. I don't know if that assuages your after market value concerns. Hopefully it does.
comicbkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #30
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicbkguy
There is no new sculpt. That mock up is a four inch sketch that was done in minutes. It says that pretty clearly in the text.

Also my understanding is that the A.P. edition size is only going to be around 300. I don't know if that assuages your after market value concerns. Hopefully it does.
Where do I order?

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote