Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 10-30-2006, 10:33 PM   #1
davecfprez
A day without sunshine is like... night.

best way to gage prototype value?

I have a pre production sample statue.

My wife and I are increasing our home insc. value and depending on what we're told we might get an extra collectibles waiver. (added insc. coverage for collectibles @ an added cost)

THIS ITEM IS NOT FOR SALE

due to the rarity of the item getting a fair market value off of eBay just won't work.

so what is the best way to gage the F.M.V. for prototype statues?

this is NOT a paint master. The statue is all grey and just abit taller than the production statue.

thanks in advance

dave
CFPrez
davecfprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:35 AM   #2
titan7170
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Is this the kind of item you dont want to sell?? or is it the kind even if you wanted to you cant sell for legal reasons?? I ask because just for kicks I would put it up on ebay (I know , I know .....what you said about ebay) but just to see what price it fetches.......you would have to put some outrageuos reserve so it doesnt sell but it might give you an idea of what people are willing to pay. Or why dont you call a company like metropolis comics or something like that that deals in comics and related art and see what they say about it??
titan7170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:31 AM   #3
fenix v.2.0
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

I'm guessing by prototype, you mean it's a resin copy and not the original like in sculpty or wax. Right?
fenix v.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:10 PM   #4
davecfprez
A day without sunshine is like... night.

taking a closer look it does look to be a resin copy. I see a small seam line on the figure and the base. So no actual wax or sculpy 'original' prototype.

I would list it on eBay but with the new fees they now charge you 10% ( I think) on a reserve price auction.

dave
CFPrez
davecfprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 01:54 AM   #5
Car50n
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

i have a couple of "grey-area" items. they aren't stolen, they aren't illegal, but for some reason, i shouldn't have them. i posted one on ebay once, 1 day auction with a BIN...pulled before i woke up the next day....damn you Time/Warner!!!!!!

there's no way to guage aside from asking urself honestly what it would take for u to sell it.
Car50n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:56 AM   #6
fenix v.2.0
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car50n View Post
i have a couple of "grey-area" items. they aren't stolen, they aren't illegal, but for some reason, i shouldn't have them. i posted one on ebay once, 1 day auction with a BIN...pulled before i woke up the next day....damn you Time/Warner!!!!!!

there's no way to guage aside from asking urself honestly what it would take for u to sell it.
Wow, really? So Time/Warner pulled it or they ask you to pull it? So what was it?
fenix v.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote